Going to Miami, any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to Miami, any ideas?

Sometime in January I will be heading down to Miami as well as the keys. I never been to Miami before, so any good places to visit?
    thanks in andvance.

lucky *******.. In January we probably have -30 -35c here.. :rolleyes2

Comment

Cool. Let me know when you're in town. We can meet at a local pub and I'll buy us a beer or two.

Other than that, places in the Miami area that you should experience are South Beach on Miami Beach, Coconut Grove, which is a section of Miami, is also worth seeing. As far as the Keys, it depends on what you're looking for. There is John Pennecamp National Park, where you can take a glass bottom boat out to see the coral reef. (I've never actually done this myself, since I used to dive them, when I was younger.) No trip to the Keys would be complete without going all the way down to Key West. There is lots to see there.

Other than that, let me know your interests and I can taylor my recommendations accordingly. ;)
      :-(

Comment

Originally posted by elrado1

There is John Pennecamp National Park, where you can take a glass bottom boat out to see the coral reef.
        I did that while I was in Florida a few years back, it was great, I recommend it

Comment

Hey elrado, totally forgot u from there :D
          I will take u up on the pub thing.

Glass bottom boat sounds gr8 idea!
          BTW I got friends in Key West, so there is going to be some fun there.
          Im not really into nightclubs or anything. More car racing than anything. I will be stopping in Daytona Beach too, I was there for a show on spring break and it was sooo much fun. I never had sunburn in March before :D When i drove back. We stopped somewhere in indiana, and people were looking at us like crazy cuz it was like 30F and we had shorts and tshirts on.

Comment

Well, seeing as how Toronto is nothing like Miami, and I haven't ever been, I can't offer you much advise. However, if you're in the Orlando area, you could always check out Disney World (or Land, I forget which one).

Comment

Originally posted by kane2g
              I will be stopping in Daytona Beach too, I was there for a show on spring break and it was sooo much fun. I never had sunburn in March before :D When i drove back. We stopped somewhere in indiana, and people were looking at us like crazy cuz it was like 30F and we had shorts and tshirts on.
              I went to Daytona in 2002 on vacation, go to "Deck Down Under", damn good seafood, just off of one of the roads coming across the inlet, dont remember which though. Also, if your into racing go to Daytona USA, theyve got some awesome simulators and its just a kewl place.

About Indiana, I wore shorts and a T-Shirt and its only 28F out witha some powder on the ground

Comment

The drug plantations/distribution centers (what out for Miami Vice though). :D

Comment

Originally posted by kane2g
                  Hey elrado, totally forgot u from there :D
                  I will take u up on the pub thing.

Glass bottom boat sounds gr8 idea!
                  BTW I got friends in Key West, so there is going to be some fun there.
                  Im not really into nightclubs or anything. More car racing than anything. I will be stopping in Daytona Beach too, I was there for a show on spring break and it was sooo much fun. I never had sunburn in March before :D When i drove back. We stopped somewhere in indiana, and people were looking at us like crazy cuz it was like 30F and we had shorts and tshirts on.
                  FlaCo's from these parts too, but I've never met up with him. He's closer in age to my two older kids, so TT's the only other thing in common.

As far as NASCAR, we do have the Homestead Miami Speedway, but I don't see any upcomming events until the end of February.

I'm sure you're familiar with the 12 Hour Race at Sebring Race Way, but that isn't until March.

So, I guess a visit to Fairchild Tropical Garden is out of the question, unless you'll be accompanied by a lady who enjoys that kind of thing.

The webcam I used to check for Miami Beach is not available. Some others along the east coast of Florida, to get you in the mood are: Jupiter Inlet , Florida and Martin County Beach (Jensen Beach). Both beaches are a bit north of Miami though.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
                    The drug plantations/distribution centers (what out for Miami Vice though). :D
                    On occasion, we've had neighbors who've been cought up in that. And others I suspected to be trafficing, but, thankfully, they're no longer around.

Comment

If you like to look at fine chicks go to Coconut Grove on Thursday Night its college night and very pretty chicks hang all over the strip. You can go to Moe's Bar, Fat Tuesday's, they have the Improv comedy club...nice place to go during college night. The weekend hit South beach..alot of diversity and great clubs...the after hours (if you do hit it hard) go to Space 34 in Downtown Miami. Space is known for great electronic music if thats your style.

If you do want to hang give me a call...PM me if you want my number.
                      - Damien

Comment

Originally posted by FLaCo
                        If you like to look at fine chicks go to Coconut Grove on Thursday Night its college night and very pretty chicks hang all over the strip. You can go to Moe's Bar, Fat Tuesday's, they have the Improv comedy club...nice place to go during college night. The weekend hit South beach..alot of diversity and great clubs...the after hours (if you do hit it hard) go to Space 34 in Downtown Miami. Space is known for great electronic music if thats your style.

If you do want to hang give me a call...PM me if you want my number.
                        I had a feeling you'd know a bit about the club scene... :D

Comment

Originally posted by elrado1
                          I had a feeling you'd know a bit about the club scene... :D
                          hehe, ya...:)

would be cool to get a lil get together..and take some pics...
                          - Damien

Comment

Yeah, Stop and see FlaCo, if he can't ya laid at the very least he can repaint the back your head...........which might not be a bad idea upon leaving Miami(at least ya won't look like you're from Chicago):rofl:
                            Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

Originally posted by dryadsoul
                              Yeah, Stop and see FlaCo, if he can't ya laid at the very least he can repaint the back your head...........which might not be a bad idea upon leaving Miami(at least ya won't look like you're from Chicago):rofl:

LOL:laugh:
                              - Damien

Comment

Working...
                              X