• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a few stats

well here is something very intersting
    over half of the forum members (404/803) have 0 posts :eek:
    TT Original

I think it's time for some pruning... unless those people are the reading type that don't post much :)

Comment

Originally posted by Acid
      I think it's time for some pruning... unless those people are the reading type that don't post much :)
      I don't think. Remember, we have only just allowed it users to be able to view and post in the forums without being registered, that would be why.

Comment

Maybe they are shy and will start posting when they get to know us better
        :kay:

Comment

What, you never heard the term "silent majority"?
          The point of pruning would be what exactly?
          It would stand to reason that a number of them might actually be on our side. Of course a few could be spies!
          But if so, I have every confidence that we can win them over.
          It could simply be that they are the staunchest supporters of bandwidth conservation within the forum.
          The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Did I miss something?

Tweaky demoted himself to guest did he?

Comment

I noticed that as well. Maybe the pressure of being God got to him..

JM
              Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

nah, the forum software has been stuffing up and when some ppl post, the post comes up under someone else
                TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

I have seen that stat as well, and I think it is someone who is trying to make it look like tweaktown has loads of members, just to help popularize the site. It would be interesting to find out how many people have more than 10 posts... I bet its about 50-75.

Comment

The stats were much worse in the old forums. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by zeradul
                      I have seen that stat as well, and I think it is someone who is trying to make it look like tweaktown has loads of members, just to help popularize the site. It would be interesting to find out how many people have more than 10 posts... I bet its about 50-75.
                      I STRONGLY doubt that. The reason is more likely the fact that you used to have to register an account before you could view any content in the forums.

Comment

I'd have to agree with Slamo's reason on that one. :thumb:
                        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

That is a new concept indeed... It is not like we have an extremely huge amount of members anyway.
                          Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
                          Managing Director
                          Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

my bad, I just recalled that. The old forum didn't require you register did it???

Comment

The 1st one didn't but the next did along with the the begining of this one too. ;)
                              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
                              X