Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Offical !!!!!

Well this post is a few days late, but I need to brag none the less !!!:D

I had my graduation ceremony on wednesday night. I'm now a 100 % certified robotic and mechatronic engineer !!!! 5 years of hell are finally over ! :D :D

Only bad thing was that we all had to sit and listen to some old guy talk far too long about orgasms. Old people should be banned from talking about such topics !!!

Anyways, LET THE PARTIES BEGIN !!!!! : party ha : party ha

Congrats dude!

Even though I have nfi what a robotic and mechatronic engineer does :confused: :D

Comment

Congrats frodge :thumb:
      TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Good on ya FrodgE. :thumb:

Comment

Now to find a job, well done! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Acid
            Even though I have nfi what a robotic and mechatronic engineer does :confused: :D
            lol, don't worry. Neither did my uni !!

:afro:

Comment

Maybe you can tell us then?

Comment

Congrats Frodge, now how much can you earn doing whatever a robotic and mechatronic engineer does :thumb:

Comment

Umm, at the risk of sounding old fashioned; what in the name of anything, does robotic and mechatron engineering have to do with orgasms???

Is it possible to improve upon the organic methods which have worked so well for untold eons?

Perhaps if one were to do a bit more investigation into the practice and practicle aplication of organic organisms, one wouldn't have near so much time to concentrate on such drivel.

How about a robot to do laundry, or mow the grass, or tune-up the car, or do the taxes?
                  OK, not nearly as exciting as mechatronic orgasms, but all those laboriuos tasks would be much better if they were hands off for humans. But on the other hand - I guess you'd probably be wealthier than Uncle Bill in short order if you mass-produced an orgasm inducing robot!

So ummm, OK, yeah - stick with the orgasm thing then. You'll be famous dude!

Congratulations on your graduation FrodgE:thumb:
                  The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

congrats frodge
                    TT Original

Comment

ROTFLMAO @ Mr. C !!!!!

Well now, there's this website that you can go to and... ummm... hmmm, maybe that's more a tweak cafe thing !

At the ceremony there were many other courses graduating, not just us robotic people. however that being said I still don't think an old guy talking about orgasims was called for ! Basically the uni has the ceremony and gets in some important person to crap on to everyone for half an hour about themselves and what they do. This guy had heaps to do with the IVF program so he kept talking about orgasims. I guess it fits, but had it been a good looking young lass I'd be much happier ! ;)

Since no one knows what a robot & mechatronic engineer is, here's the deal. Basically mechatronics is another name for robotics but people tend to associate robotics with mechanical humaniod contraptions (like c3po). While that is robotics, it's a VERY small area. Some companies try and develope such things just to show off to the world. Mechatronics is really a huge industry that people don't know exists (which is bad for people like me). ANYTHING mechanical that moves and is controlled by some kind electric circuit that's controlled by software is a robot. A printer is a robot. As is a cd player, a vcr, a microwave, some new washing machines & cars, and heaps of computer equipment.

The idea is that someone like me can come in and take control of all 3 areas rather than a company requiring a mechanical engineer, an electrical engineer, and a software engineer (which can often cause communication problems). We understand the capabilities and limits of all areas and can design for seamless integration without needing to make unnecessary modifications to make things fit together.

If I get bored with it, I could also just go a straight electronics job, or IT stuff, or programming so I've got heaps of options. Problem is that not ONE of those industries are looking for people :very angr

Oh well...

Anyways, there's my rant. Hope it made sense and educated you all !

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. C
                        I guess you'd probably be wealthier than Uncle Bill in short order if you mass-produced an orgasm inducing robot!
                        I guess he'd probably want to release Windows OG huh ? Wonder what would happen with a blue screen ? :laugh: :laugh:

Oh my, I'm thinking too much again it seems...

Comment

old people should be banned from speaking altogether

Comment

Originally posted by Slamo
                            old people should be banned from speaking altogether
                            want to try and shut up an old person Slamo :?:........ lots of luck

Comment

Hey guess what ?!

I've been offered a job ! Jay !! : party ha :cheers: :D

Unfortunately it has nothing to do with my course :( Oh well, maybe next job will... It'd better anyway !

Comment

Working...
                              X