Thinking about joining USAF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about joining USAF

Just for the experiance really, its on my to do list for things I want to have accomplished in my life. Is anyone here currently in the US Airforce, or has been ? I just have some general questions. Thanks guys :afro:

I know The Wizard has, speak to him. :)
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

You would also require a special waiver unless you already maintain a US citizenship.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

Does Canada not have their own Air Force?
        Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
        Managing Director
        Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Canada's Airforce is a bunch of guys flying open ****pit biplanes while throwing rocks at anything that moves. :laugh:

Comment

As Darthtanion stated there is gonna' be a bit of paperwork involved. I would imagine after 9-11 and following events the process is a bit more involved (hope so anyways).

But this country has a long history of non-citizens serving in the military.
            Hec, there are guy's that retired from the Air Force without ever becoming US citizens.

If that is truly what you want GiMP then give it all you got:thumb:

Uhh, GiMP your assessment of Canada's Air Force isn't exactly correct. Have you heard of the Snowbirds (431 Demonstration Squadron)?
            Those folks know how to fly real darn well!
            The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

I strongly advise against trying to join the military

THEY F#%K YOU AROUNF FOR A WHOLE YEAR BEFORE TELLING YOU THAT YOUR MATHS STUDY SCORE WAS ONE POINT BELOW WHAT THEY REQUIRE. HOW I HATE THOSE WANKERS. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRB

Comment

Umm... we're talking the US military here. There are a whole new set of rules that apply for enlistment purposes. When we test here in the States, you will know before you enlist if you have what it takes to get into the area of expertise that you're looking for. And if flying is the desire, then a four year college degree is a must and the eyesight must be near perfect.
                Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                My Toys

Comment

you actually want a job where people shoot at you?

I thought it was bad enough when you are on an IT helpdesk and you just get abused
                  http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Well at least in certain circumstances in this job he might get to shoot back.
                    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Originally posted by Slamo
                      I strongly advise against trying to join the military

THEY F#%K YOU AROUNF FOR A WHOLE YEAR BEFORE TELLING YOU THAT YOUR MATHS STUDY SCORE WAS ONE POINT BELOW WHAT THEY REQUIRE. HOW I HATE THOSE WANKERS. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRB
                      I'm guessing that your speaking from experience :D

Comment

Originally posted by daedalus

I'm guessing that your speaking from experience :D

Yes, I went through 2 days of intense testing. They did everything, medical, mental physical etc.

I was told that I performed in the top 10% of people and I was recommended for pilot.

When I finished my VCE I sent them my study scores and was told I was not accepted becuase I got a study score of 26 instead of 27 which was required for pilot entry. :shoot2:

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion
                          Umm... we're talking the US military here.
                          says it all doesnt it..... our millitary 5u(5
                          TT Original

Comment

About eye sight... I have contacts, is that bad :eek:

Comment

Originally posted by GiMP
                              Canada's Airforce is a bunch of guys flying open ****pit biplanes while throwing rocks at anything that moves. :laugh:

NICE....

Flame the Government if you want for lack of funding - but try to show a little respect for the guys doing the job

:thumbs do

I have a cousin, who until recently was a CF-18 pilot at 4-Wing Cold Lake - he's about the smartest guy I know, it takes a huge amount of dedication to get that far.

....and you'll never be an Air Force Pilot in either country without 20:20 vision

Comment

Working...
                              X