Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any tips for paintballing?

Okay, besides not to get my butt shot off. :rolleyes2
    Have any of you been, and what did you think about?

Would you do anything differently next time you go?

Don't get shot. ;)

Comment

Have a friendly Sis in law waiting to comfort you after the war with a nice hot cup of coffee :D

Comment

In reply to my loving Bro!
        I was expecting that. :rolleyes:
        However, I have the tremendous feeling that our other dearly beloved brother is going to riddle me full of holes. :snip:

Thanks Kay :kay: , I've got a feeling I'm gunna need it, as well as a nice warm bubble bath to sooth the welts.

Comment

Now that's a possibility, and anyone else who gets in the way. ;)
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

But we have to go party afterwards :bounce2:

Comment

Can I come too? I haven't been in a while... So you want some hints?

1. Don't let your face mask / goggles fog up.. It's bad...
              2. Avoid any people that are good shots
              3. Shoot everyone else lots
              4. If you are gonna shoot someone, keep shooting them until they give up
              5. Never ask people to surrender.. Just pump em full of paint
              6. Don't be scared. They don't hurt that much. And the welts usually go away after a week or two.. :D

Comment

Sounds like it could be :confused: fun :confused:

Comment

seriously, paintballing is great fun, as long as you go out there to have fun. Don't be scared, just run around like an idiot and shoot people.. it works for me. :)

I've actually got a small video clip of me painballing. If anyone wants to see it, post and I'll ask Tweak if I can stick it on the TT server....

Comment

And wear clothes that ya won't mind gettin' paint on. It always seems to get thru the protective layer. :(
                    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
                      Can I come too? I haven't been in a while... So you want some hints?

1. Don't let your face mask / goggles fog up.. It's bad...
                      2. Avoid any people that are good shots
                      3. Shoot everyone else lots
                      4. If you are gonna shoot someone, keep shooting them until they give up
                      5. Never ask people to surrender.. Just pump em full of paint
                      6. Don't be scared. They don't hurt that much. And the welts usually go away after a week or two.. :D
                      Thanks Beefy, I'll keep reading this over and over just to remind myself not to take revenge for past efforts.

I do plan on enjoying myself. As for being scared, its just not in my genes.

If you want to come, you best leave for the long drive now.

Any hints on what type of paintgun. I know the 18 volt twin hooper is most prob the best but a tad expensive though,
                      at $210AU:eek:

Comment

You want to buy a gun now? :eek:
                        Wouldn't just hiring one there be cheaper? :?:

Comment

$210aud is peanuts for a paintball gun...
                          I know people who have in excess of $1000cdn tied up in their gun (~$1500AUD) - & it's not hard to spend more than that too (would catch me doing it though)
                          Unless you plan on playing regularly - can't you rent one?

Comment

That is the price for hiring one with 1000 paintballs.:eek:

Comment

Thats 1000 bruises on a good dozen or so people.
                              Worth every cent. :)

As for advise- Cover and teamwork is everything. (in the event of FFA, then just cover)

Stay low, always have a safe spot where you can duck/roll/stumble to so as not to get shot (ideally- at all, but one or two aint bad...most courses have an abundance of cover in the form of mounds/trees/obstacles you can hide behind) and keep your teamates covered. Make sure you talk and organise yourselves before going out to the field. Check your six regulary as well, dont rely too much on teamates to be as aware as you.

A nice warm bath afterwards would be bliss, especially in this weather. Bruises & the cold dont make a good combo.

Most importantly- have fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X