No announcement yet.

Car Stereo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Pioneer Premier (forgot the model) its the one with the cool screen savers with the dolphins and all..I have it hooked up to my stock speakers and a 10" sub. They sound sweet. they 45 x 4 and made ahuge difference. It has an automatic subwoofer switch on/off. and all the new ones come with 5 extra watts per channel. : peace2:
    - Damien

Comment

I've got a Panasonic CD/ Radio in my little Honda Accord. I had that professionally installed. I was gonna install another radio in their myself, but I took a look at the wiring and was like f@#k that--it's worth it to have a pro do this. When I got my deck, the store had a special with free installation on any radio $149 and up. I put a couple of Pioneer 80W 6" in the front. I'd put in some 6" Jensen 105W speakers in the back about a year earlier. It's not the best stereo, but it was pretty cheap for what it does. Still sounds great and is probably worth most of the value of that car:D

Comment

For a car stereo...

If you are a quility freak...stear clear of Sony, Pioneer,JVC all of them..

And go for some Rockfordfosgate, Alpine or Nakamichi, you won't be disapointed :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by Moose
          Do Not Get sony xplod speakers...your better off with a set of JBL or Pioneer...or even some Clarion 6x9"s :afro:
          nah, just their crappy subs and other extras.
          Sony subs= lotsa movment but no sound
          TT Original

Comment

Originally posted by Olie

nah, just their crappy subs and other extras.
            Sony subs= lotsa movment but no sound
            And their other speakers are not up the scratch for the price you pay for them...

Better off with some JBL, Clarion or Pioneer

Comment

I have a blupaunt or something
              http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

phillips and Nippon America here :) :thumbs do
                TT Original

Comment

MB Quarts are the best mids, highs you name it...they own literally...they will also own your wallet. As for a subs-kicker solo baric line, and JL Audio subs are veryyy good. What cool about JL is that they don't manufacture a 15 sub instead its a 13 that will surpass that 15. Also means you have to make a custom box for them.For radio..hmmm Clarion...yes they are very good...oh and Alpine of course
                  - Damien

Comment

Here is an inane answer..........as long as it works does it matter what brand they are :?:

Comment

some companies are better at making certain products than others.

Kenwood :p
                      TT Original

Comment

It totally depends on how much u want to spend. Having spend literally thousands on car stereos over time and having owned many different brands all I can reccomend is trust your own ears, no one elses, and go for a brand with a decent warranty.

No use having MB Quartz taste on a Kmart Special budget! :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2

Comment

You are so right...Warbo
                          - Damien

Comment

well first of all. DO NOT GET SONY EXPLODE SPEAKERS.. they suck, the only sony equipemnt u should get is a headunit they are good

the sony amps and speakers suxors

if u wanted a kick arse stereo, a $250 amp + $200 pair of speakers would do fine

Pinoneer are a good cheap speaker, for around $150 - $200 u get a pair of 6"x9" that will put out alot of sound (the will be around 200 watt speakers)...

they willl run fine of 50watt.. but u put that exptra 200 watt into each speaker from a 400 watt amp and it will be damn loud..

if u wanna speand alot of money.. got for the Clarion 6"x9" that will set u back around $400 though, but they they are DAMN nice speakers, only problem is that they requier ALOT of power, u would need like at least 200 watt per speaker, i have been told that isnt even enough, u would need at least a $1000 amp to power those bad boys to get the most out of them as possible!!

but that depends on what u want, if u want bass, then get the 2 x pioneer 6"x9" and then get a 400 watt amp and a good $100 10" subwoofer and make your own box for it, if u get the subby from a good place they will design u the plans for the box

but then again if u wanna spend the money, got for a 600 watt Amp (damn thing is huge) and costs around $1200, and then get 2 x 15" sub woofers.. now i just about brought this set up around 1/2 a year back was going to be $2200 for the sub woofer the box and the amp, but it would have been loud enough to enter competitions.. lets just say that he had 1 of the subs on a 100 watt amp in the shop on 1/4 volume and it was shaking everything, not imgainge that on 300 watt per sub @ 3/4 volume.. with 2 subs... :eek:

hope some of that helps out.. lol..

Comment

Working...
                            X