is it legal..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it legal..

is it legal to hack into a server and record down all the visited ips? or is there a program out there that does it?

thanks

Is it legal to hack!!?? Guess that would depend upon what country you are in. Common sense would say no. If you are not the creator of the site or an authorized member of it then you prolly have no right to go beyond what would normally be available to the average surfer.

Of course there are always those who can and will do such things and can find ways to justify it. ("If they aren't smart enough to seal all avenues of attack then they deserve it.") By the same token I guess that would mean that if I forget to lock the door to my house then it is alright to rob me.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Could it be possible that the door could have been locked by mistake:?:

Being as this isn't lawyer.com, and the manner in which you used the word "hack" does seem to imply an entry into a system belonging to an entity other than yourself who has not given you permission to do so ----- the short answer is it is likely to be illegal. May be that could depend on the location of the server as well?

Most hackers (in the manner you described) really don't care though, do they:D
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

heh hmm, server in US, hacker in US..but oh well, thanks

Comment

Working...
        X