X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horray for introduction speeches!

Erm, yeah..

Hi. ;x

I've been fooling around, tweaking, building computers for 3-4 years now. Old reliable just died (Celeron 400mhz..) so I thought I might as well build something modern for myself..since i've bult hundreds of computers for other people. Throughout the years of using that peice of ****, I've learned how to tweak every single aspect of windows 98 (if it didnt have such horrible ram leaks..I'd be on it right now) I've tweaked that thing so much, not even having an AGP card, I could play almost the most modern games today..But, the CMOS died, and im too lazy to set it back up..Might as well get with the times..So, now I wanna learn how to play with these AMD based systems i've been building, and possibly share some of my linux/windows tweaking knowledge. heh.

Welcome, I am sure you will find something of interest here :wave:

Comment

So sorry to hear about your system Fallen deity, it sounded like it had a lot of love put into it. Shame to part with an old friend, but sometimes you gott'a move on.

Hopefully, the next one will help ease the pain a bit.

Seems to me you are going to fit in around here very well indeed, any time you feel you have something to offer, please speak up: peace2:
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

It's gonna make a comeback, as a Linux box. Just on a better board. I loved that damn computer..Just for novelty really, and to see how long that processor will last.

Here's the stats..

Intel Pentium Celeron 400mhz
        Intel Freeman mobo (int. 8mb ATi Rage Pro 128 video, some kinda creative int sound..)
        256MB Crucial PC-133 DIMM 128mb x2 (that's all it'd support..:x)
        Couple of Seagate Baracudas
        GeForce 4 MX420 PCI video
        Soundblaster 512
        Cnet NIC.

I pretty much maxed her out..I'd be using it right now it if didnt break down. Windows 98 worked damn well..Just had to use Memturbo to argument the ram leaks, XP worked amazingly..in fact so good that I might use it as a computer just to surf/chat. It played CS pretty damn well too. I had Fusion Pack 7.0 installed and worked halfway decent. ;x (low as hell resoultion, horrible sound..)

Comment

Welcome to the crazy house... :)
          Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
          Managing Director
          Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

:wave: Welcome to TT Fallen deity.
            I'm sure you'll always find plenty of interesting topics and discussions to read and add to in our humble abode.

Above all, enjoy your time with us.

Comment

Working...
            X