EA Games Patches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA Games Patches

Where can I download E.A. Games patches at? I mean the whole patch file (for storage) not just a one time update.

go to the offical game site, but place such as 3dgamers.com and FilePlanet.com, as well as many others, cary the patched for a wide variety of games.

but what do you mean by 'one time update'? Game patches, once downlaoded, can be used over and over. The only exception I've seen is Tribes 2, which automatically applied patches whenever conntecting online. but even these patches could be downloaded seperatly and applied.

Comment

Originally posted by minibubba
      go to the offical game site, but place such as 3dgamers.com and FilePlanet.com, as well as many others, cary the patched for a wide variety of games.

but what do you mean by 'one time update'? Game patches, once downlaoded, can be used over and over. The only exception I've seen is Tribes 2, which automatically applied patches whenever conntecting online. but even these patches could be downloaded seperatly and applied.
      What I think he meant was full patches you can dl and use, as opposed to the partial updates that are available (HL used to use a lot of these, and I think BF does too). But the answer is still the same. Check out the official site, as well as the others mini mentioned.

Comment

oh ya, those....

I always download the full patch anyway, which is usually offered right along with the supplemental patch (i.e. 1.4->1.5 patch vs 1.0->1.5).

Comment

What I'm talking about is patches that you can store as a seperate file on your harddrive for use when you need them or backup purposes, ect. Not the one click patch option button like most modern E.A. games have built into their software (What was wrong with the old way?). If you decide to update an EA game, the patch file is not saved, nor is there an option to save it, it is automatically installed via the web, providing their download site for the game you want updated is up and running when you need a patch for it .

I've been to EA website and finding a regular patch is like looking for a needle in a haystack. There seems to be no patch link on the site and EA supplying other sites like the 2 talked about above is rare.:thumbs do

Comment

you're talking to hardcare gamers here, trust us. just look up the game's official site (google works, if you don't see it on the material that came with the game) or a gamer related file hosting site, like the one's mentioned above. I play a wide variety of games, and I never use the optional web-update features. I always get the files from one website or another.

Which specific games are you talking about anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Spongebob
              I've been to EA website and finding a regular patch is like looking for a needle in a haystack. There seems to be no patch link on the site and EA supplying other sites like the 2 talked about above is rare.:thumbs do
              It's not that hard, really. I took BF for an example. Went to the EA site. 2 mins later I was downloading from <a href="http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/1942/us/gamedemo.jsp?state=010010" target="_blank">this</a> page the full 1.5 patch for BF. I never use the auto-update programs, as they do exactly what you said - don't store the patch. Plus I like to see what a patch does before I decide to install it.

Comment

What he's trying to say is that some EA games don't have a downloadable patch. For example Sim City 4 doesn't have fully downloadable patches that easily found.

The solution is to go to the EA FTP site and search through the directories to find the patches which you can download and keep.

For example try ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/ea/patches/nfs-...ound/pc/en-us/ for NFS:U patches.

Anyway search around in the FTP and you should find what you need.
                My Machine

Comment

Working...
                X