Nvidia to bundle Doom III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nvidia to bundle Doom III

AS WE PREDICTED a fortnight ago, ID Software has struck a deal with Nvidia to bundle Doom III.

See here.

We also noticed at this page that this game is likely to hit the shelves on April 15th-http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=14459

Wow

Comment

Doom what? Any updates on the HL 2 release?

Comment

Well, looks like 2004 will be the showdown between the sales of HL2/AtI Cards vs. D3/Nvidia cards hehe. Maybe this will force the HL2 team to push for a quicker release date.....lets hope for the best.

Comment

I'd rather they didn't push, and actually release a complete game.

So what if Doom 3 comes out a couple months before? People are gonna buy either / both games no matter what. This way, they have a chance to get over Doom 3 before starting on HL2.

It's actually better this way, rather than a close release, or HL2 coming out first. Due to the small MP portion of Doom 3, there's not as much longevity in it (mods aside). HL2 will probably amass a huge online following again. This way, both games get a fair share of the target audience without any major competition

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
            I'd rather they didn't push, and actually release a complete game.

So what if Doom 3 comes out a couple months before? People are gonna buy either / both games no matter what. This way, they have a chance to get over Doom 3 before starting on HL2.

It's actually better this way, rather than a close release, or HL2 coming out first. Due to the small MP portion of Doom 3, there's not as much longevity in it (mods aside). HL2 will probably amass a huge online following again. This way, both games get a fair share of the target audience without any major competition
            2 words, Counter-Strike 2

Comment

I certainly hope not...

Comment

why the hell not? many say CS is the best online shooter...or online game of all time. it certainly is the most popular

Comment

it's only popular because it will run on anyone's PC. I would hardly call it one of the best :thumbs do

Comment

Originally posted by minibubba
                    it's only popular because it will run on anyone's PC. I would hardly call it one of the best :thumbs do
                    so starcraft is still popular cause it'll run on any modern machine? hell, any game from 1999 back could pretty much be played on any machine, CS is the only one still popular (the most popular)

Comment

CS =

I use to bully my bro and tell him that cs sucks bad, which it IMO do. These damn cs geeks get all crazy and violent if anyone says anything bad about their game..

He haven't played any other game for a a few years now, he says there aren't any...

Comment

Originally posted by JSN
                        so starcraft is still popular cause it'll run on any modern machine? hell, any game from 1999 back could pretty much be played on any machine, CS is the only one still popular (the most popular)
                        You're talking different genres here. Starcraft is still popular among a lot of the RTS players. However, for an FPS, Counter Strike seems to have the lowest common denominators. You don't need much of a PC, it's a cheap and nasty FPS, and all the little people can play it.

That and the fact that all the little kiddies that play it haven't got their parents to buy em a new computer yet...

Comment

Originally posted by JSN
                          Doom what? Any updates on the HL 2 release?
                          Actually HL2 has been delayed again, http://www.gamepro.com/computer/pc/g...ws/33308.shtml

The last sentance mentions that Valve might give an insight as to when it will come out during this years E3, in the middle of May... So it's looking like mid-late summer? But maybe they'll just wait for the Christmas season. That always helps sell the hype...

Now now guys, CS does provide an entry level game for little kids to learn mouse look with, though, so it is certainly good as a filter for the rest of the gaming world. It's alot like a playpen. A playpen is fun while you're there, but as soon as you realize what else is out there, you get out and think, why the hell did I spend so much time in there???

Comment

Originally posted by zeradul
                            CS does provide an entry level game for little kids to learn mouse look with, though, so it is certainly good as a filter for the rest of the gaming world. It's alot like a playpen. A playpen is fun while you're there, but as soon as you realize what else is out there, you get out and think, why the hell did I spend so much time in there???
                            That's... that's it. You've summed it up better than I ever could. You're my hero!

Comment

well put zeradul :laugh:

has for the HL2 comments, that's got it's own thread: http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...threadid=13283

Comment

Working...
                              X