doom 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doom 3

does any 1 no the official release date for doom 3 on PC and btw i live in england so could somebody please tell me the release date in england

Re: doom 3

I don't believe there is a definate date yet. Also, it would be nice if you worked on your thread titles a bit better.

Comment

Supposedly this summer (or Q3 2004, I should say), but that's right now and I see no Doom 3. But I wouldn't be suprised if it took longer to hit stores over there.

On a side note, I've played some of the Beta and it's a very nice game. Personally, I'm more concerned about Half-Life 2 and S.T.A.L.K.E.R., but I'll be picking up Doom 3 as soon as it comes out.

Comment

Funny you should ask since we just got the blurb from the company today:

Mesquite, TX - July 14, 2004 - See you in Hell! id Software(tm) and Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) confirmed today that id Software's highly anticipated DOOM 3(tm) for the PC has entered manufacturing and will begin shipping to retail stores worldwide the week of August 2. A sci-fi horror masterpiece, DOOM 3's dramatic storyline, pulse-pounding action, incredible graphics, and ground-breaking technology combine<STRIKE> </STRIKE> to draw you into the most frightening and gripping first-person gaming experience ever created.

"DOOM 3 is done! And you're going to have it in your hands in a matter of days," said Todd Hollenshead, CEO, id Software. "DOOM 3 is a videogame experience unlike any before it. From the cinema quality visuals and the incredible 5.1 sound, to the terrifying atmosphere and hyper-realistic environments, the whole game screams 'interactive horror film!' Add in the most ferocious line up of demons Hell has ever brought to bear, and you have an experience so intense that you'll need to keep your heart medicine handy."

Built on id's revolutionary new 3D technology, DOOM 3 is a terrifying battle with the forces of Hell. In DOOM 3, your recent assignment to the Union Aerospace Corporation's Mars research facility seemed simple enough, until their discoveries and experiments unlocked the gates to Hell itself. Now, in an epic clash against pure evil you must fight to understand who is with you, who is against you, and what must be done to stop this nightmare from reaching Earth. For more information, fans can visit WWW.DOOM3.COM. DOOM 3 has been rated "M" for Mature by the ESRB.

So it should be hitting store shelves in early August.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

The official site for Bethesda, publisher of Fallout, DOOM, Dishonored, Skyrim, Wolfenstein, The Elder Scrolls, more. Your source for news, features & community.

Developed by id Software, DOOM® Eternal™ is the direct sequel to the award-winning and best-selling DOOM® (2016). Experience the ultimate combination of speed and power with the next leap in push-forward, first-person combat.

Comment

my cpu is shuddering in its boots while looking at the screenshots of doom3, hopefully my gfx card will run it on low....

specs:
            1ghz thunderbird
            320mb pc133
            msi fx5600-256mb

Comment

Originally posted by m0s3s
              my cpu is shuddering in its boots while looking at the screenshots of doom3, hopefully my gfx card will run it on low....

specs:
              1ghz thunderbird
              320mb pc133
              msi fx5600-256mb
              You would stand a better chance if you had a DDR system instead of that plain SDRAM choking your CPU, but then again maybe not.

Comment

The card should play but I don't know about that RAM and CPU...

Comment

ya...i neeed to coax $411 outta my dad for a new system...

here is where pc games officially take the lead over consoles, no matter what

and who ever differs needs to .....umm.....play this game b4 they speak

Comment

You realize Doom3 is going to be released on Xbox, don't you? I think PC FPS have always been better, but this doesn't change anything.

You could probably get a decent new system (keeping the card, which you should) for under $411. It'd be just over $300 for new RAM along with an Athlon 64 and motherboard. Not that something in the Athlon XP 2500 (under $300 for that system) and up range won't play it pretty well, but I'd be going with a new A64 in your position.

Comment

Compared to my crappy Dell i have right now xbox is alot better. So im getting Doom 3 for that. I porbally wont get it for PC even though im gettigna new one soon

Comment

I wouldn't go that far. Playing it on Xbox just ruins it compared to the PC experience. Save your money until you get enough for that new system. It'll be more enjoyable and look much better on a good PC.

Comment

And now they're making the demo.

Comment

Im not gonan pay for Doom 3 so i might have my mom buy it for me for xbox. So i can still save up for my pc

Comment

Even so, you should wait until you can afford your new PC. Xbox doesn't have the necessary hardware to do this game justice.

Comment

Working...
                              X