Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Doom 3 Worries

Not according to the this:
    The BETA display drivers found here are offered AS IS, without warranty of any kind, and have NOT been completely qualified by ATI. Usage of these drivers are without support of any kind, and you use them at your own risk.

ATI does NOT recommend installing these drivers in systems used for mission critical operations or where productivity of any kind is a concern.

Unless you are very comfortable with installing and un-installing drivers, we DO NOT recommend that you use the drivers provided here. These BETA Drivers are NOT SUPPORTED by ATI Customer Care or any other ATI department.
    I didn't even capitalize beta, that was ATI...

Comment

Well just for some info. My specs are:
      P4 3.2, Radeon 9800xt 256, 1 gig of pc3200, Sound Blaster Audigy2 zs, western digital 160 gig 7200 rpm hd.
      I play Doom 3 at Ultra quality at 1280 x 1024, no AF. The game is very playable. I only have major fps drops in larger areas where there are massive textures. In places like that I drop to under 20 fps but no lower than 15. Most of the game I stay steady at 30 or above. I dropped my res down to 1024 x 768 to see if I could get any fps improvement but it did absolutely nothing so I went back to 1280 x 1024. Im going to try the new ATI beta 4.9's and see if they have any effect on my 9800xt. Im not sure if they will increase performance for cards like mine or mainly only for the x800's. But for me the game is very playable. Im enjoying the hell out of it with the settings I have. I hope this info helps.

Comment

Try out the 4.9 beta It does provide better opengl and gave me some more fps on my 9600xt but it sounds like it works alot better on the higher end cards and even more on the x800

Comment

With the 4.9 BETA drivers (Yes, they are BETA not Alpha - too stable for Alpha anyways) we saw almost a 16% increase in performance over 3 different resolutions on the X800 cards.

ATI has told us that the 4.9 drivers are more so "tweaked" for X800 then the 9800 XT or lower.
          Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
          Managing Director
          Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Working...
          X