pissing me off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pissing me off

I don't know if this is the right category for this kind of thread. I've been having some problems that are really pissing me off I don't know if there hardware related or if this is just well to say the least "normal". So far this problem only occurs when I close down the metal of honor demo or True Combat. After I close down those games my computer will crawl like a 486. I have found a fix for it and that is to open My computer close it down and then open Internet explorer and close that down and then my computer is back to normal. Tell me that won't get annoying. Any other game and my computer will just close the game down. I hope this won't happen with Doom 3.

did you try doing Ctrl-alt-del if so.. did you happen to notice the performance of your cpu and ram... were they being used to the max...

Comment

Yes I just now did that.....the results...while playing the Metal of Honor demo my processor useage was at 98 while physical memory was at 111 meg and virtual memory was over 300 meg of use....After close down MOH used very little processor but 50 meg of physical memory and about 100 of virtual memory. After the service closed down it used 75 processor then closed off completly. What's going on?

Comment

installed all the latest windows updates and patches, namely the app compatibility fixes?

Comment

I'm not actually sure if this will help, since i've never had this problem... but if the above suggestion doesn't help you might want to try using a ram defrag program that you should be able to find on www.download.com ... that might free up your ram for you...

Comment

I have the same problem :(

Modern games are very demanding on system memory, and after the game has finished (Medal of Honor is a prime example), the game developers put a memory recovery utility into effect to clear the game residue out of system memory. Problem is, most Windows components that haven't been used recently get paged back to the hard drive as well.

And because Hard Drives are exponentially slower than physical RAM, of course it takes time to read the Windows components back off disk.

So there's nothing wrong with your system - don't worry :)

DMA on your Hard Drives (if it isn't already enabled) will also speed things up.
            What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Working...
            X