Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HD-DVD Content Protection already hacked? muslix64 believes so!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD-DVD Content Protection already hacked? muslix64 believes so!

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "HD-DVD Content Protection already hacked? muslix64 believes so!"

Re: HD-DVD Content Protection already hacked? muslix64 believes so!

Piracy, the better choice: http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=36574.

Comment

It seems like that's what they are forcing us to do. How do the film producers and all the major companies expect this to really work. Keep forcing all forms of DRM and content protection down our throats - seems all doomed IMO.

Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
      Managing Director
      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

I am always very quick to point that piracy is wrong and is the root cause of this evil. But the more I read and the more I open my eyes the more I see that all this copyright protection is all about profits and less and less about protecting the consumers. In fact, I fail to see how these upcoming changes benefit anyone but the studios and their profits. Plus, we are all going to be required to buy new massively overpriced hardware just to play their movies? I tell you what, I won't be downloading them, but I also won't be playing them in my house as well. With any luck, most of the world will not take this lying down and do the same, although we all know that the masses are asses and they will buy the new tech up like cyanide coolade from Jim Jones. I have personally given up on the anti-piracy crusade I had been on for some time. These people really should be ashamed of themselves for demanding every single possible penny from the consumer the way they are. And now it seems the hardware manufacturers are in on it as well. This is like a giant organized crime ring operating legally out of Hollywood and other media hotspots on the planet. As for it being doomed, I highly doubt it because people are stupid. But it should be outlawed and the creators jailed.
        GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
        AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
        Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
        Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
        Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
        PC P&C 500W PSU
        2TB Seagate
        Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

rather than spend billions on copy protection, make the movies etc cheaper & more accessable and more people will buy the originals.

eg if I could buy a brand new release movie for $10-15, I'd rather do that than spend a couple of days cloggin up my internet connection downloading the sucker.
          http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

With the movie copy software out, it is easier to just rent them and burn a copy. So I am told..........
            GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
            AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
            Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
            Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
            Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
            PC P&C 500W PSU
            2TB Seagate
            Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Working...
            X