Cooler Master Sphere CPU Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooler Master Sphere CPU Cooler

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "Cooler Master Sphere CPU Cooler"

Re: Cooler Master Sphere CPU Cooler

In combination with my antec 900 and [email protected] an excellent cooler
    Idle Tcores ~25c Tcase 22C, depending on ambient temps.
    Full load with orthos after 10hrs Tcores max 51C, Tcase max 43C, all 4 casefans at low.
    Measured with Coretemp 0.97.1, Latest Everest and HWmonitor and they all gave the exact same values.
    It's very important to have a good airflow with this cooler, if not it will not so cool greatly.
    Like the way it looks, silent and cools my cpu perfect

Edit
    Dont use it on a quad , better off buying another one then, this is a very good dualcore cooler
    Last edited by DaLoona; 04-10-2008, 05:24 AM.

Comment

This cooler works absolutely fine on my intel quad core extreme qx 6850. Compared to the stock cooler that came with the chip, I saw a 15 degree reduction in cpu temperature in the bios and in the speedfan monitoring program. My cpu stays at around 40c in speed fan compared to 55c of the stock fan. I really dont understand how you got a reading of 69c in your test which was worse than the intel retail fan. This is why I think your test is faulty. Whethor or not this is the BEST fan out there is not my point. My point is, it is most definately a better cooling solution than a stock fan. Is a 15 degree celsius drop in cpu temperature worth my 40 bucks? You bet.

Comment

Also would like to add that there is no way this fan produces more than 60 db. It is a very quiet cooler and every other tester out there said its db was no higher than 22 making it ideal for home theatre. I honestly think maybe you got your hands on a rare manufacturing defect in the product you tested. If it was a noisy fan it must've been a bad fan and this also wouldve affected the cooling properties of the cooler. Eithor that or you accidentally damaged it then tested it damaged.

Comment

Please see the documentation for the testing procedures. It is nearly impossible to get invalid results. All of the CPU coolers are ran the exact same way so we get true apples to apples results. I would suspect that your system is working with the motherboard controlling the voltage going to the fan and not a fixed, defined voltage so the fan speed is reduced. Rarely will the board turn the fan on full speed if a certain, definable CPU temp is not reached. 4-pin PWN fans take this action to another level and have their own control built on top of the motherboards control. That is why we test with an ambient temp of 40C. Most PWM fans will run at full speed when a 40C ambient temp is achieved but will throttle at lower temps.

Please remember that not everyone run a case with 3-4 120mm fans. Many OEM systems come out of the box running an internal case temp of 40C. Generally they will have an 80mm fan to bring air in and the PSU fan for removing it. Our test system is based on an OEM system of this type since it is the worst possible conditions but also a majority of the market.

Comment

Working...
          X