SSD Consistency Testing - 18 Drives Tested for Real-World Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSD Consistency Testing - 18 Drives Tested for Real-World Performance

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "SSD Consistency Testing - 18 Drives Tested for Real-World Performance"

Re: SSD Consistency Testing - 18 Drives Tested for Real-World Performance

WOW!! What a great SSD real world usage performance test concept and execution. The best SSD test article I've seen in a long time.

The differences between the SSDs you tested, just on the first page of results (page three) is stunning. The differences in performance of one SSD performing different tasks is far more than I would have ever thought, particularly for the most popular, "best" SSDs as seen by many enthusiasts. Also, the difference between two SSDs that use the same controller but different firmware and NAND is again more than I expected.

I'm so glad you tested in this manner, rather than the endless FOB, synthetic benchmark after synthetic benchmark, with a secure erase or two thrown in to help the SSD seem to perform better. This testing does not pander to the SSD manufactures at all, as is seen at one SSD "review" web site in particular that I avoid like the plague.

Unfortunately, reading and appreciating an article like this asks more from the reader than to many PC enthusiasts are willing to give, which is a shame. I imagine articles like this might even repel some readers. Personally, I salute your editorial choices and thank you for them.

I hope you will continue to challenge your readers to expand their horizon of SSD performance beyond sequential read and write speed results and marketing specs.

Comment

Working...
    X