threatre speakers on PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• threatre speakers on PC

I was wondering, is it possible to hook up my surround sound speakers to the computer. What would I need to buy, and the cost?

Re: threatre speakers on PC

Yes. Geussing that your theatre speakers have been made in the last 10 years, they should be able to hook up to the Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum. Be sure to purchase the PLATINUM version because it has a port that youll need to hook the theatre speakers up. Im pretty sure of this. Good luck.

-c0ntra

Comment

which sound blaster card do I want? There are the ZS Gamer, ZS. Would I want a platinum PRO or just a platinum card.

Comment

Anything that is "platinum" you choose what version you want with the features. But platinum is important because it has the external hookup.

Comment

You don't NEED that. A lot of sound cards today, including some onboard sound, has good enough output to set up a surround sound system.

There's a couple ways in which you can hook up a surround sound system to a PC. The easiest two would be via Optical or Digital outputs. There's also some systems that support 3 x stereo leads (Front L/R, Rear L/R, Centre/Sub channels)... It all boils down to which speaker system you want to use, and what sound card you have.

What inputs does your current speaker system have?

Comment

Originally posted by Mutineer
            You don't NEED that. A lot of sound cards today, including some onboard sound, has good enough output to set up a surround sound system.
            I sorta agree with that. As true as that is.. I always tend to avoid onboard antyhing. First its unncessary clutter on the mobo.. Secondly.. its one less thing the northbridge/cpu has to control..

Most any 5.1 capable card will get the job done.

Comment

i know this thread is a bit old but you an buy speaker systems that plug into the line out plug on your motherboard and have a built in decoder to make 5.1, 6.1, or 7.1 surround systems. although i prefer the method that you are using, i have a 7.1 suround sound Hitachi system attached to my optical out...

even though my mother board is capable of 7.1 as well

Comment

Working...
              X