My Soundcard Is Broken I Think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Soundcard Is Broken I Think

two days ago my sound card decided to stop working. I didnt smell any burning and it said its working properly in my comp. The odd thing is when i hit mute constantly when iam playing a song i can hear it. Which is odd i have never heard of this before so i plug my speakers into the front consle on my comp in the headphone jack and it works. Any ideas
    my sound card is an creative audio zs platinum
    my rest of my rig
    Am2 x2 4800+
    2 7950 gx2s sli
    700 watt oczgamer xtream

Re: My Soundcard Is Broken I Think

You might try removing any added utilities that came with the card, deleting the card under Device Manager, then rebooting and reinstalling the drivers. While I won't say that a sound card won't go bad, it is rare. I'd try a driver reinstall first.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

i did that reinstalled it from the start and still doesnt work anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTON88 View Post
        i did that reinstalled it from the start and still doesnt work anymore.
        Ist uninstall the card drivers.Pull the card out from the PCI slot & place the card on a different slot.If u don't have any free PCI slot left then replace other cards to this PCI slot & place the card to that slot.Now install the drivers again.

As, Darthtanion said I also think that ur card is not currupt(it's a rare for Creative).Though it can be.There may be a IRQ mismatch error which can be solved by placing the card in other slot.
        Last edited by AMDATHLONFX; 01-19-2007, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X