pc shutting down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pc shutting down

hi all, i am new to this forum and need some help from someone, my pc is an asus a7v8x-mx, 1.25 gigs pc3200 memory, amd athon 2500 (barton core) was running at 166 fsb (333 as athon double fsb). suddenly pc shut down now i can only run it at 100 fsb (200). one of the problems is the -12 v only shows as 0.8v. could this be a psu or is my mb shot. any help would be appreciated

Re: pc shutting down

The first thing to try is to restore the factory default settings on the mainboard. This should force an auto-detect of the processor and you can go from there. If that doesn't take care of the problems, then we can start troubleshooting other areas.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Also, list your power supply and video card. Can't be pointing to possible hardware problems if we don't know what the hardware is.

Comment

hi, thanks for replies so far.
        psu is 350 watt from fsp group inc (forton/source)
        video card is a radeon 9250 agp 8x 128mb, pc will only run at 100fsb instead of 166 fsb.
        voltages are
        cpu core 1.71v,
        cpu aux 0.02v,
        +3.3v = 3.30v,
        +5v = 4.81v,
        +12 = 11.31v,
        -12 = 0.80v
        +5 v standby = 4.97v
        vbat battery = 3.18v
        these voltage as record by aida32 software.
        from the above i don't think some of the reading are good, but then how is my pc running in windows at 100 fsb but will not run at 133 or 166 fsb

Comment

hi all. thanks for the replies, bought new 400w psu and fitted it, pc up and running sweet as a nut.

Comment

11.31v is well out of ATX specifications. That's a bad PSU alright. Mind you, the way the motherboards read voltages isn't very accurate, but it's close enough that I'd declare that a bad PSU without actually getting out a multimeter.

Comment

Working...
            X