New Build Help please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Build Help please...

Premium/Wifi@N Intel X48 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard (also heard that Gigabyte do a superb board??)
    4) Has to be a nvidia graphics card. GeForce 9?
    Thanks guyz.... any help would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has comments reviews on anything I have listed feel free to post replies :) I just wanna make sure I get the best parts as in the past I seem to have bottlenecked speed getting a crappy board etc.
    Thx again :)

Comment

Re: New Build Help please...

welcome to TweakTown buddy!

i just wanna recommend a couple things, no products in particular... if you get DDR3 memory, you want DIMMs that will operate at 1600MHz or above (this is where DDR3 shows its strength) and you'll want a quad core cpu... i've got one question tho... why does it have to be NV? ATI cards are equally as good these days, if not better, and offer better value... the 4800 series offers unbelievable value and performance (especially the 4850), and will perform equal to or better than any single GPU of the 9 series and, owing to the architecture, will handle AA better than any NV card... and the 4870 will beat the gtx 260 in just about any situation, hence the new Core 216 model, which the 4870 will still run parallel to... but if your really keen on NV, either the GTX 260 Core 216 or the 9800GX2 are great options and will offer pretty sweet performance and value.

but what samtomjohn has suggested up there is actually sounding like a pretty sweet setup

Comment

Working...
      X