Ghost sounds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost sounds?

I have been having trouble with my computer making sounds by itself. It started when I upgraded to the latest bios and via4in1 drivers for my Asus A6V700 MB. I have a SB 5.1 value card. I have since switched back to the original bios, but that did not solve the problem,

What is causing this and how do I correct it?

Re: Ghost sounds?

It is not uncommon to have to reinstall the OS when you Flash the BIOS. But since this is an add-on card, my first task would be to remove the sound card from the Add/Remove Hardware under Control Panel and then reboot. From there you should be able to reinstall the sound card and new drivers (if necessary). Not a guaranteed fix, but it may take care of your problem.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

I think I know exactly what you mean. Does the sound happen when you drag a window or use a scroll bar, or lots of noise when no sound should be coming out of the speakers?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

If the answer is yes I had problems like this with my Audigy mp3+ sound card and the only way I got around the problem was using 3<SUP>rd</SUP> party drivers http://www.kxproject.com<o:p></o:p> creative makes excellent hardware but terrible software (driver) this drivers are very good, but be aware they raise the load on the processor usage.

Comment

The sounds are random and strange.

A virus, trojans, or spyware? Is there one that could cause this?

I have tried several sound drivers including one from a kt project, but the didn't work. That program is hard to get rid of, even with the drivers not present, it insisted on putting them back on device manager. And of course it wouldn't work. I had to put add in the original vdx driver from creative under the kt project heading to make it work.

The ghost sounds are back. (one even sounds like a deep bass boo).

I have not reinstalled direct x 9.0c.

Comment

I have noticed that some of my mystery sounds are from my receiving radio signals.

I reinstalled the original SB live 5.1 drivers. The ones from that KX project never did work.

If I had never tried to upgrade the bios and 4-in-One drivers, the sound would still be excellent.

Comment

Working...
          X