HD on moniters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD on moniters

Does almost every moniter have HD support?

Re: HD on moniters

No. I haven't seen any besides mine that even have the hook-up for DVI. I think it has to be an LCD too, I haven't seen any CRTs with a DVI connector.

Comment

HD (High Definition) and Digital are different. I'm not sure what the requirements are for HD support. Monitors already have a huge advantage as far as resolution goes, and I think that is a large part of what HD is all about. Might be worth some research.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

DVI has a bandwidth of more that 165mhz, hence it supports HDTV (which needs the high bandwidth). While I guess you could get a non-DVI display to work with HDTV, DVI is the best way (make full use of the HDTV signal, which the analog cables just don't have enough bandwidth for optimal use).

Heres a good link:

All About DVI is an in-depth resource for answers to all types of DVI questions, including the difference between single-link and dual-link, how digital and analog DVI are unique, and explanations and pictures of the various DVI connectors.
        Last edited by joedemagio; 11-14-2004, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Nah that's Digital Video Interface.

Comment

Edited. See my previous post.

Oh--and only LCDs have DVI connectors. (besides some extremely rare CRTs that have it)
            Last edited by joedemagio; 11-14-2004, 11:11 PM.

Comment

i do have a dvi supprt on my moniter and video card.

Comment

Good for you. You should be fine with HDTV then, do you have the cables though? Check that link I posted earlier for the description of the different DVI connections and see which one you have.

Comment

i have dvi-d support but i mean like its the dvi-d was connected the whole time to my computer, would i have to activate the "true digital video" or something or is it automaticly activated.

Comment

It automatically works, if it didn't, your screen would be blank.

Comment

Although rare and expencive plasma monitors are very nice. And I have noticed DVI conevtions on some newer tv's. Will you be able to read it with a DVI conection rather than a s-video or RCA conection? I find that I cant read any text on the tv with those two, although s-video is a lot cleaner than RCA.

Comment

ok thanks all

Comment

Working...
                        X