Psu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psu

um... didn't know where to put this, but how can i check the wattage of my PSU? it doesn't say on the sticker on the PSU so how am i suppose to find out???

Enter the bios and check out the "hardware monitor" tab, there you usually find these power messaurements.. ;)

Oh ****, maybe you meant the total power outlet from the psu? I'm not sure if that is shown there but hey check it out..

:cheers:

Comment

yeah i mean the total, because i'm gonna buy some cc's tomorrow and i don't wanna blow up sum stuff with a power shortage... -_-

Comment

well, V*A=W
        If the powersupply doesnt say it, you have to use the above formula to figure it out.

Comment

If you post the make/model, maybe someone knows. Do a Google search on it.

Comment

brand name is hoarang or something, that's all it has on the sticker and some jibberish about the blue, red, green, stuff on the main PSU wire.

well, V*A=W
            If the powersupply doesnt say it, you have to use the above formula to figure it out.
            uuuuhhhh.... where i find this out? :cry:

Comment

hoarang? never heard of it, I just hope it ain't a low budget one. It can be dangerous to your hardware. :(

Did it come with your chassi? What is the chassi brand, if it is a noname or some very small manufacturor then it may be a very cheap budget psu which they usually toss in their chassis to save some $$$..

:cheers:

Comment

you need a multimeter to measure the Amps and calculator to add up all the wattages, but if its off-brand PSU, I would recomend getting something nice like enermax or antec.

Comment

Enermax and antec. Antec work 100% even at full load

The max combined load of 5.0v and 3.3v shall not exceed 130w

Typical specifications for PC Power Supplies are:

STANDARD CONNECTION: -

+5v mainboard -
                  4 channels @ 0 - 8A per channel

+12v mainboard -
                  1 channel @ 0 - 10A

+5v mainboard -
                  1 channel @ 0 - 600mA

+3.3v Mainboard -