FSB stuck at 100 MHZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSB stuck at 100 MHZ

I just took my MOBO out to give it alittle clean .. after i installed everything agean i started it up .. didnt even boot to the bios .. so after going over evey connection , CPU heatsink , you name it i looked over it .. i reset the CMOS and it started up fine ..Bios was at the defalts so i restarted and went into the settings to get my FSB back too 133 MHZ ... it crashed agean ... same thing , i had to reset the CMOS agean .. its working now but at the defalt 100 MHZ .. chip temps are normal and everything seems to be working fine .. but slow .. anyone have any ideas what is wrong ?

i give up tonight .. gunna drink some beer and play BF1942 at 800 by 600 .. :cheers: :cheers:

Damn, that sux.
    Try unplugging everyting except for video, ram, cpu. than put it to 133 and see if it boots.

If it works, put in everything one at a time, each time trying to boot. You should find whats the culprit.

Comment

I got it working .. i had my video card clocked to high .. brought that back down to defalts and turned the FSB back up .. everything works fine now .. :shoot3: :snip:

thanks for the advice kane .. i did that last night 1/2 drunk after i posted ..

** WARNING ** do not work on your comuter drunk ... unless your a pro .. drunk that is

Comment

= :thumb:

:barf: = :thumbs do

:devil win

Comment

Working...
        X