KG7 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wiggo
    Nope as I know of a few certain Name brand mobo's (just certain models) and certain Name brand memory that just won't mix.
    I got a 3200 stick of samsung from the same guy, it works in my KG7R, so I think its just the one stick he got.

Comment

kane, i got that ram today. I put it in, exact same problem

Comment

what, freezes at post?
        hit me up on Y!Mess tommorow after 10pm your time (i'll try earlier, but dont know) we can try some things.

Comment

it detects the proc, the stops there

Comment

I just got your Ram in.
            I put it in one of my machines, no post. thinking its my OC, I put it in my xp2000+ system which is pretty much stock, and got beep codes. I dont have a speaker in the first system that I tried.
            I put my ram back in both systems, and they run w.o any problems.

That is all fine, but I still dont know why MY ram doesnt work in your system.
            try clearing CMOS one more time.
            try also just plugging in just the CPU and memory see if you get a beep code. - you should.
            I guess Ill try to catch you on Y!mess

Comment

well, i dont have a speaker anymore, got damaged in the taking in and out of stuff.

Comment

It may be silly, but do you have heatsink fan hooked up to the fan1 and fan4 connectors? it may be the fan speed controller thats not allowing you to boot? try hooking up a fan to the other one and see. BTW its the conncectiors that are between ATX connector and memory slots.

Lemme know.
                thanks

Comment

I tried the fan 1and4 headers a while back and it neverm helped

Comment

this website has the best KG7 info Ive seen, maybe there is something there that can help out

Comment

Working...
                    X