mass slowdown when using Cd Rw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mass slowdown when using Cd Rw

This is strange. On my old Time computer i had no problems opening and using windows applications..when using cdrw disc to disc or general copying. On this supersetup i get mass slowdown. And i can't use other applications at same time. I have Roxio cd creator version 5.3.2.34 but i scrambled teh 5.3 update from kazaa and loaded it on top of the retail version 5.0 to add player support.

Liteon dvd rom LTD163D

Liteon LTR 40125W cdrw

...are the drives i have. Do any of the moderators know what is happening here.

I'm not sure of ya prob as I don't get that but then I'm usin' Nero which ships with LiteOn CDRW's here. Is the CDRW the master of the secondary IDE channel? :?:

KaZaa could be a lot of ya prob though. :thumbs do

Comment

as wiggo stated, make sure the cdrw is the master and the cd is the slave. try replacing the ide cable as well.
      which os do you have? certain versions of roxio have problems with xp. try nero instead.
      if using win98, check the drivers in the control panel. redownload mobo drivers, specifically ide drivers.

Comment

Yes, I am using the cdrw as the master of the IDE channel 2, and the dvd rom as the slave drive... i changed the cdrw from slave to master a while back. my friend downloaded the the 5.3.2.34 update for my retail version 5.0 from kazaa and copied to disc, at the time i didnt have broadband an the file was too big form me to download. It added drive support. I am using Windows Me 4.90.3000. I might try the solutions again. 1. Uninstall cd creator 5.3 update from 5.0 and install the original ver 5.0...see what happens. 2 If that solution fails my other option is to switch cdrw drive to slave, dvd drive to master as they were orignally. Can you tell me which order you are best to set up cdrw's and dvd rom drives, or unless they read more or less the same speed, is there no difference? i am using 1 of the newer long green round IDE cable which connects master cdrw to dvd rom slave.

with case closed up on a mild night just browsing net, cpu fan on slow, temps now reach 41C all the time. could it be my antec silver reference compound wearing off? or can gathering dust become a temp problem?

Comment

About once every 3 months I clean the dust bunnies out of mine as it will increase temps (depending on your enviroment will dictate how often ya need to do it).

Comment

Working...
          X