Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me install my sb live! 5.1 platinum properly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me install my sb live! 5.1 platinum properly.

Too cut a long story short, this is my old card and I removed parts from my comp but can't seem to get the sound card working, so i installed my even older sound card vibra 128 for the time being.

I have the face under the cd rom outside my case still there tho, but last time I formatted I tried installing the sound drivers but they would always pause in the middle of installation and freeze the computer.

I'm thinking I haven't installed the card properly, so anyone who has this card could you please tell me exactly how it is installed what wires go where so I can get it back up again, thanks.

With the SB Live make sure that ya have it fitted in a PCI slot that doesn't share it's IRQ (see mobo manual for details on the shares) plus what mobo are ya usin' as full hardware and operating system details will be of great help (sorry but we're not clarvoient and do need some details to work with).

Comment

I tried installing it in the pci slot that my old card is in no, so if the old one works in it why wouldn't the sb live! 5.1 platinum?

Also, I have win 98 and the mobo is Asus p4bs33.

I'm thinking it's a wire or something missing.

Comment

Did ya remove all the software of ya old soundcard? :?:

Comment

I hadn't installed a sound card at the time cause I had just formatted. So I put my old one in.

Comment

Working...
          X