X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound card

ok ppl i had a problem with my games they where laggy
    and very laggy anyway ive found my problem its my sound card
    how i know? when i disable my sound card all games work much better yes its a old one but its a sound blaster live does it supposed to happen or there is smthing with my sound card that i can fix i dont have the newist drivers for it cuz its old and im not sure what to d/l for it cuz i tryid one time and f****d up my sound
    if some1 knows what to do i will be very happy

thanx ahead.

It's likely ya had it in a PCI slot that shares it's IRQ with another intergrated device or slot containin' another device on ya mobo so pull out ya mobo manual and that should tell which ones don't share or just share with another unused PCI slot.

Comment

on all slots it saying Shared or used but i dont see here
      in manual how to know if a slot is shared with something thats
      not runing anymore and it saying there that if i put a hardware device in a shared slot so i must suppor Share IRQ or the card do not need IRQ assignments so when my bro will wake up ill open the machine and see maybe its on a used slot and maybe u can tell me how to know if its support Shared IRQ

Comment

Most good manuals will usually have a small graph that shows the interupt shares between slots (under PNP/PCI configuration) and then it's just a matter to locate which ones share with onboard nics or USB controllers (I sort these out in BIOS before loading the os).

Comment

m8 if you can add me to icq ill appreciate it cuz there it will be much easy to understand you

Comment

Just tell us what mobo ya have there and if I don't know which slot would be ideal (depends on if I've worked with that mobo before) then someone else may. ;)

Comment

ok this is what it sayis on manual

P4T-CM
              Socket 423 P4 Motherboard
              intel 850 Chipset

and its a Asus mobo

Comment

Ok stick it in the 3rd PCI slot (if not already and I hope that ya have no other PCI cards installed), then power up and go straight into the BIOS to PCI Configuration and change Slot 3 from Auto to 5. Then let Windows start up and go into the Device manager and click on View and then "Resources by Type" so ya can check that the sound card has it's own IRQ. If 5 doesn't work then try 10. If neither work then set Slot 3 back to Auto and try the same thing but in Slot 2 (sorry but I never used an add on sound card in this mobo)

Comment

welp it was allready in slot 3 ive changed it to 5 and 10 IRQ
                  still not working good but u sed smthing about u hope i dont have
                  more PCI cards well when i opend i saw all PCI slots had in them smthing and i dont feel like moving my sound card to slot 2
                  allso cuz i saw in manual i saying its used and i dont feel like messing around maybe my sound card is to old?

Comment

Doesn't your mobo have onboard sound as well? Also SB Lives are notorious for hogging IRQ resoures which is why they usually can't share with anything else so other than replacing it with a non SB sound card maybe ya only option.

Comment

maybe i should try puting it on 3 IRQ or not to give it IRQ at all
                      what do you think?and allso my freind will gimme to try a cheap sound card i dont think its SB and then ill see

Comment

Ya never know and someone else may come along with a fix for it.

Comment

well i changed my IRQ to difrent numbers dint help
                          u think i should try moving my sound card to Slot 2 even if it sayis on manual
                          that slot 2 is in use? and i Thank you very much for the help u gave me till now you are a good person :thumb:

Comment

and how can i know exacly what sound card i got?

Comment

Wiggo You go a clue whats
                              Intel(r) 82801BA/BAM AC'97 Audio Controller?$^%#??
                              Cuz ive tryied Disabling that AND THE GAMES Work Great
                              WIth Sound!! woohoo i hope it wont destroy anything
                              But the games work good YEY thnx for all the help m8

Comment

Working...
                              X