Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the Video card may be overheating

Comment

Well, I looked at the ram compatibility and my RAM isn't there, but does that really make a difference? Also, what do you mean about aggressive timings? Oh and one more thing: I ran memtest all night instead of 20 minutes and I got 1 error(at 5000% coverage or something like that). Does that mean the RAM is the source of all my problems?

Comment

That might be your problem, during an extreme gaming session, touch your Heatsink on your video cards GPU, to see how hot it feels

Comment

Well, that brings me back to my original problem. I couldn't get an extreme gaming session because the PC would freeze before I could start gaming.

Comment

okay then, as soon as it freezes next time, try what i mentioned.

Comment

OK, I touched it, and the heatsink wasn't burning hot, but it was quite warm. Enough to feel it, anyway. Does that mean it's my video card?

Comment

OK I also ran SiSoft Sandra and it said my SMBIOS/DMI information is inaccurate. What does that mean? Sorry I'm bombarding you guys with information, I'm just trying to make it easier to diagnose.

Comment

Go Control Panel/Admin. Tools/Event Viewer and check out all the red flags under System and Software then get back to us.

Comment

OK, there's no software panel, just applications, security, and system. I checked out system and applications, and system has a whole bunch of errors, but they're all the same. Here it is:

The TrueVector Internet Monitor service failed to start due to the following error:
                    The system cannot find the path specified.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

The applications panel had this error mostly:

The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( True Vector Engine ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: .

Those are the most prevalent errors there. Otherwise, there's not much.

Comment

those errors are because of a service which is installed with ZONEALARM firewall and i guess your PC do have it.
                      this service is not working properly.
                      i don't know whether it is causing your PC to lock up but you can get rid of that error by uninstalling and installing ZONEALARM.
                      Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
                      Last Updated:
                      10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
                      ======================
                      jabber : [email protected]
                      =======================
                      Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
                      yabaa dabaa doo...
                      Customized for 1024x768

Comment

OK I bought a fan and stuck it on the video card but no luck. Maybe the CPU is overheating? is 43 degrees celsius a high temperature? Also, when I installed the CPU i didn't put any thermal grease in between the CPU die and the heatsink. Would that make a big difference?

Comment

Thermail grease will make a HUGE difference

Comment

I am having the same problem as you are, but with a different motherboad. Its a soyo kt333 dragon ultra (plat) and the only time it locks up is when i run any 3d games or benchmarks. I did notice that the ddr voltage was 2.43 volts, so i tried to raise the voltage in the bios and still it stays at 2.43v. I have replaced numerous caps and did a lot of probing with a DMM. School is starting back up today and i dont know if ill have time to check, but i will look up in the log to see if anything is going on. I aslo have tried different/stronger psu's, vid cards and mem with no luck. I am thinking it might be a bad voltage regulator for the ddr??

p.s.

the new bios did fix the problem of reporting the core voltage for the cpu as 1.45v and now seeing it at 1.75v.:cheers:

wow did not notice how old this post is

Comment

update:

I watched the voltage off of one of the regulators on the post and it seems that the voltage rises and falls from 2.9-2.5 then locks up or gives the the missing windows system32. I try to reset the bios and the voltage drops back to 2.4...

Now i cant rma this board back because of replacing caps, so do anyone have ANY idea what might be going on??? Bad regulator/regulators?????:mad:

i did check the logs and there is nothing in it that has to do with the problem.

Comment

Like beefy and wiggo asked, did you install the proper chipset drivers as the first step after the os install? You know, the disc that came with the mobo. This must be done before anything else. Some chipsets can be very picky about this and do what you are describing.
                                athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
                                tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
                                asus a7n8xe-dlx
                                thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
                                bfg 6800gt
                                seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
                                samsung dvdrw
                                2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
                                logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
                                2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
                                creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
                                mushkin 550w

opteron 146 @ 2850 (10x285)
                                DFI infinity nf4 ultra
                                thermaltake tsunami dream -black
                                seagate sataII 500gb
                                evga 8600gt oc ssc edition
                                samsung sata dvd-rw
                                2x1024 ocz black
                                logitech ifeel/ nec accusync 75f
                                ocz fatal1ty 550w

Comment

Working...