a tough one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a tough one

I have finally made some time to sit down and try to actually get the speed I should have out of my Barton 2500+!

I installed the Barton, along with a new Soltek mobo (check sig for details) all a few months back and it just will not run @ 333MHz. If I set the system clock at anything under ~150MHz it runs solid. Above that and most of the time XP won't even load - or crash shortly after loading. All temps are well within acceptable range (never over 50).

I have been trying just about every combination of settings I can think of for the past few hours, but with not much luck.

Any ideas on what might be the problem? Maybe I got a sub-par chip?

Thanks for the input!
    <table width="225" height="100" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="100"><p align="center"><font color="#003300" size="-3" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">AMD
    Athlon XP2500+ FSB333<br>
    Soltek SL-75FRN -L<br>
    2X256 Corsair XMS PC3200<br>
    80GB Deskstar 7200RPM</font>
    </p></td><td width="125"><p align="center"><font color="#003300" size="-3" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sound
    Blaster Live!<br>
    Volcano 7+<br>
    GeForce 4 Ti4200 64MB<br>
    19" TRINITRON CRT FLAT<br><br> ANTEC true430 PSU</font>
    </p></td></tr></table>

There should be either a jumper on the mainboard or a setting within the BIOS that allows you to set the base FSB setting to 166MHz. Make sure that you enable this so that your board will use the correct ratio settings for your AGP and PCI busses. From there you should be able to begin your merry way up the OC highway, but your PC2700 memory will limit you.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Darthanians right. There is a jumper on yourm Soltek Motherboard that needs to be changed from 1-2 to 2-3 that you need to find and change.

Good luck,
      Chez

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion
        There should be either a jumper on the mainboard or a setting within the BIOS that allows you to set the base FSB setting to 166MHz. Make sure that you enable this so that your board will use the correct ratio settings for your AGP and PCI busses.
        Hmmmm. I wonder if since i dont got it set to 166 on my 8rga+ is why my onboard video/sound start to distort at a 200+FSB:?:

Comment

Working...
        X