Need to change my IRQ's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to change my IRQ's

Ok, I searched the forums and dint find anything quite like what I needed, so I decided to post a new thread. Here's the problem: My vid card and my OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 host controller share IRQ 16, and my Audio card and USB controller 2442 share IRQ 19. I think this might be bottlenecking my system (especially with my having a USB cable modem). Is there any way I can change the IRQ's with out switching around the cards? They really need to be where they are for air flow issues. Thx alot, : peace2: Mista K6

I have similar IRQ shares as you, and its not caused any problems

Comment

ok then, I wont fix things that dont need to be fixed. Thx, : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

I have the same problem, my network card and onboard sound card (C-Media CMI8738) both share IRQ 15 and occasionally my machine will lock up under heavy network activity and playing music. Short of changing what slot the network card is in how else can I change the IRQ (windows 2000).

Currently I see settings under device manager but they are greyed out

TIA

Comment

Originally posted by Khaine
          I have the same problem, my network card and onboard sound card (C-Media CMI8738) both share IRQ 15 and occasionally my machine will lock up under heavy network activity and playing music. Short of changing what slot the network card is in how else can I change the IRQ (windows 2000).

Currently I see settings under device manager but they are greyed out

TIA
          No not really as IRQ's are generally hardware dependant which is why motherboard manuals will usually state somewhere in them the shares between AGP/PCI slots and onboard components so that ya can choose an appropriate slot for whatever device ya installin'. Usually ya'll get 1 PCI slot without shares but nic's can also share IRQ's with USB controllers without probs if ya can't.

Comment

Thanks, I shall have a closer look at my mobo manual

:)

[Edit]I tried changing them manually as specified in my mobo's manual (Asus P4B266) but to no avail. here is a list of my current IRQ's

IRQ 00 Exclusive System timer
            IRQ 01 Exclusive Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
            IRQ 03 Shared Communications Port (COM2)
            IRQ 04 Shared Communications Port (COM1)
            IRQ 06 Exclusive Standard floppy disk controller
            IRQ 08 Exclusive System CMOS/real time clock
            IRQ 0D Exclusive Numeric data processor
            IRQ 0E Exclusive Primary IDE Channel
            IRQ 0F Exclusive Secondary IDE Channel
            IRQ 10 Shared NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti 200
            IRQ 13 Shared Intel(R) 82801BA/BAM USB Universal Host Controller - 2442
            IRQ 15 Shared Realtek RTL8139(A) PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter
            IRQ 15 Shared CMI8738/C3DX PCI Audio Device
            IRQ 15 Shared NEC PCI to USB Open Host Controller
            IRQ 16 Shared NEC PCI to USB Open Host Controller
            IRQ 16 Shared Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System
            IRQ 17 Shared Asustek USB Enhanced Host Controller
            IRQ 17 Shared Intel(R) 82801BA/BAM USB Universal Host Controller - 2444

Comment

I've always sorted my IRQ's before installin' the os as that's always worked for me but did ya uninstall the component in Windows before changin' it? :?:

Comment

Working...
              X