Question bout cpu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question bout cpu

since my biostar m7ncdp was "defective," :hammer: and the little chip in the right hand corner gave way, u think it blew up the cpu too? cuz i didn't rma the cpu.... -_-; or is the cpu ok?

THANKS! : peace2:

Maybe, maybe not but ya'll have to try it in another workin' system to find out though. :shrug:

Comment

I had my cousin's friend check out the cpu. I bought a new case and fixed all that garbage. But we turned it on, the fans started spinning, lcd turned on, but the hard drive didn't spin and the computer didn't post or load up or anything. Tomorrow i think i'm gonna try the processor in another computer, but i think its broken. Anyone know what i could b doing wrong. Since it is broken and the cpu is a month and a half over due from RMAing i think at NEWEGG, what do i do? plus they don't have the same 1800+... WHAT DO I DO???!??!?! :shrug: the processor is retail by the way

Comment

Retail processors have a 3year warranty so RMA'n' it shouldn't be a prob and if newegg won't do it then AMD will.

Comment

wow thanks. but then that still leaves the question of its availability. i mean the 1800+ with niuhb or jiuhb is really hard to find... can i demand the same kind? i mean i don't want them to give me some gay 1900+ with like agoga stepping or watever the crap that garbage is. so what am i gonna do. also with packing it, ... :wow: i jacked up the retail box.. cuz it was hard plastic.... do i just like freaking tape it up or something and clean the heatsink? the thermal compound left a mark. this fan spinning no post thing is starting to piss me off.... :grr: but its cuz i'm a noob and i always break everything i touch... fudge. :(

Comment

You'll get what they have and seein' as ya US based it's likely that they'll still have your speed ratin' still in the stockpile but they havn't made CPU's below the XP2000+ for sometime now (those lower speed ones that ya can still buy in the US is only because of the large stockpiles that are kept in that country).

Comment

the newegg invoice says that for processors, anything over 30 days will have to go to AMD. so. what does AMD require when i send it back? i already used the sticker. :laugh: and should i just wrap that crap up like in tape or something, i might not have the plastic peace that holds down the heatsink, think they'll care?

Comment

This is where ya'll start, http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/...7_1034,00.html

Comment

So, how would a "gay" cpu perform? I'm straight, but I am sick of hearing kids use this term like this. You are asking sophisticated users and professionals to help you. Perhaps you could attempt to be a little more sophisticated yourdelf.

Comment

Well, "gay" processors run Adobe Windowdressing 2.0 like a dream, but they tend to leave backdoors wide open in your system....:rofl:

Comment

:rofl: ^^

Comment

Working...
                      X