have you ever heard of this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have you ever heard of this?

I have a P4 1.8A Ghz @ 2.4 Ghz. When I play games or run intensive applications. I can hear strange high frequency sounds which is I believe is coming inside from my pc. I believe It's not my HDD.Any of you guys noticed this also? This sound makes me paranoid because I'm thinking that one or more components inside maybe are gonna give way anytime....:rolleyes2

have you got Fans inside your case that change their RPM/air output depending on the temperatures?

have you opened the case and had a look inside while it running to try and locate the noise?

could be a fan, but in my exp i havent heard them making 'high frequency noises'; try getting rid of your overclock and put the CPU back @ stock speeds.

Comment

hey, I think its the memory or the cpu. The cpu is running fine. 29C idle 37-40 when loaded. It's not the Power Supply. I'm sure its the memory or Cpu because when I get to POST then it says Checking NVRAM, the noise starts to come out after it finished checking it just disappears... When benchmarking or playing games. It's always there ( the noise):cheers:

Comment

Cpu's and memory dont make noise, sorry :) Acutally the only components in a system that make noise are fans, hard drives, and Optical drives. Id try opening up your case when the sound is happening and see which fan is doing it. Thats about the best advice I could give.

Comment

Also you might try unplugging the case speaker from the motherboard and see if the noise is coming from there.

Comment

Working...
          X