Computer restarts for no reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer restarts for no reason

YEah i need help to the maX!!! my computer restarts when i go to play a game or something......it doesnt give an error message or any warning..it just goes BLEEEP!!! and it restarts itself....and no my cpu is not over clocked..its at 2.41 where is should be....and my ram is at 160 where it should be tooo!!!!......i was recently forced to reformat my hdd becuase i had dmged files on my windows....and now after the reformat if i go to play a game for a while ...RESTART!!!...so can someone pleASE!!! help me

before you give yourself an aneurysm, why don't you go to Startup & Recovery and turn off Automatic Restart so you get a BSOD and an error message. At least that way you will have somewhere to start.

Comment

ok mini i took off the auto restart....and just to figure out wats going on...imma go play a game and see what the error says

Comment

Also if ya look in the Event Viewer (Control panel/Admin. Tools) under system and applications for any red flagged error logs and double click on them for the full error report.

Comment

well i did what wig said and found this "Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 bfa063c3, parameter3 b98b71f4, parameter4 00000000." that doesnt help me at all...but maybe you guys know wtf that means....btw its a "system error"

Comment

From Windows Stop Messages
            [b]0x1000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
            (Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
            Essentially the same error as 0x8E.

0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
            (Click to consult the online MSDN article
            As ya can see that error is either a hardware driver or BIOS issue so do ya have all ya drivers and BIOS up to date? :?:

Comment

BIOS HUH??!?! very interesting....aINT IT ASIANBATMAN?!?!?!?.....sorry......well anyway i have all the hardware up to date.....cept the bios....i heard when updating the bios its risky

Comment

It can be and I suggest havin' the system plugged into an UPS when doin' it plus be sure to thoroughly read the instructions b4 performin' the operation and follow them to the letter.

Comment

Just curious....but could this error occur...lets say..if someone "resets" my bios by pulling something off and putting it back on.......no one i know ( :shoot3: asianbatman :shoot2: :shoot2: )

Comment

Clearin' the CMOS should only reset the BIOS back to safe defaults but do check to make sure that any settings such as ACPI function is set to enabled or PNP OS Installed is set to yes.

Comment

uhm ok...sorry im not really computer literate....cept for the basics.....i have no idea what you just said

Comment

Sorry, I just snooped in here and seen this, and a question arose to my mind. What the heck do you keep flaming AsianBatman for?

Comment

Becuase i know him personally...and he reset my bios just last night...and thats when my hdd messed up...and then i had to reformat...and now my computer randomly restarts........and before that event my computer was LIVIN' in up.....working perfect and i had all my programs and dnwlds....now there all gone...I dont want to be mean to the poor guy but.......its just frustratiing to have a perfectly working computer...and then in an instant to have it TAKEN AWAY.....

Comment

As Wiggo mentioned earlier, make sure ACPI Power Management is enabled in the Bios. If I were you, I'd up the ram voltage by 0.1v, and loosen its timings and see if that fixes it

Comment

Here is the full story, i came to his house to see if i can oc his system, so he can get the best he can get from that machine that he paid for. I manage to oc'ed it to 2.6 stable with 5:4 i think the fsb was at 142. Then his computer auto restart, then i try to log back on, but a window popped up called "windows activation" saying A file is missing, damage, please use installtion cd to reinstall or repair windows. I might be the overclocking but i locked the agp/pci slot. I repaired windows, thought that would help but it didn't, tried that again, but still didn't help. So we decide to reformat. And now he is here asking for help.
                              CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
                              Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
                              RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
                              GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
                              PSU: Thermaltake 500w
                              SC: Audigy 2 zs
                              LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
                              Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
                              Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Working...
                              X