No announcement yet.

Computer restarts for no reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ppl who fiddle around with other ppl's PC's and screw them should be :snip: especially if they don't have an overclocked setup themselves. :hammer:

Comment

well this is all nice and all.....with the whole blame game sh**...but this isnt helping fix the problem.......what do i do next? anyway while i have your guys attention i have a few more errors that are less harmfull i was wondering if you could tell me how to fix : "The name "WORKGROUP :1d" could not be registered on the Interface with IP address 168.24.49.204. The machine with the IP address 168.24.53.134 did not allow the name to be claimed by this machine." AND "TrueVector engine: File "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\CURTIS.ldb" was corrupt and has been copied to "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\xDB6.tmp". File "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\CURTIS.ldb" was corrupt and has been deleted."

Comment

Originally posted by AsianBatman
        Here is the full story, i came to his house to see if i can oc his system, so he can get the best he can get from that machine that he paid for. I manage to oc'ed it to 2.6 stable with 5:4 i think the fsb was at 142. Then his computer auto restart, then i try to log back on, but a window popped up called "windows activation" saying A file is missing, damage, please use installtion cd to reinstall or repair windows. I might be the overclocking but i locked the agp/pci slot. I repaired windows, thought that would help but it didn't, tried that again, but still didn't help. So we decide to reformat. And now he is here asking for help.
        The 5:4 ratio is not available to 533mhz bus processors. They cannot run the RAM slower than the CPU, rather ratios like 1:1, 3:4 and 4:5.

When you get errors like that, either the RAM is crapping out (remember the ratios I just stated, its probably been taken too far) or the PCI bus is out of spec.

Try setting the FSB : DDR ratio back to 1:1.

To check out your divider and RAM speed/timings use this - www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php so you can verify this.

Comment

is this wat you wanted to see?

Comment

sorry to double post but....i dont know how to attach two images....i also have this

Comment

Seems it can't detect the speed of your memory for some reason.

But go into the BIOS and set 1:1, it may say DDR333 instead.

Mine defaulted to a higher ratio.

Comment

Originally posted by AsianBatman
                Here is the full story, i came to his house to see if i can oc his system, so he can get the best he can get from that machine that he paid for. I manage to oc'ed it to 2.6 stable with 5:4 i think the fsb was at 142. Then his computer auto restart, then i try to log back on, but a window popped up called "windows activation" saying A file is missing, damage, please use installtion cd to reinstall or repair windows. I might be the overclocking but i locked the agp/pci slot. I repaired windows, thought that would help but it didn't, tried that again, but still didn't help. So we decide to reformat. And now he is here asking for help.
                Well with the errors that he's gettin' it looks like that ya goin' to be spendin' sometime makin' sure that his BIOS is back in a correct state and then reinstallin' Windows again. :rolleyes2

Comment

SON OF A ****!!! i have to resinstall windows again after installing it...and installing my drivers and programs?>!?!?!?!?!?!? JESUS!!!

Comment

Maybe if it did some damage but NOT until you get this figured out.

If you install Windows with a fubar system you will only cause yourself more problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
                      Well with the errors that he's gettin' it looks like that ya goin' to be spendin' sometime makin' sure that his BIOS is back in a correct state and then reinstallin' Windows again. :rolleyes2
                      Yea, i know i been trying to help him with things. I do feel bad about what happened.
                      CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
                      Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
                      RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
                      GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
                      PSU: Thermaltake 500w
                      SC: Audigy 2 zs
                      LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
                      Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
                      Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

yeah soul...but im stuck at another dead end.....I still have the problem!??! i set it at 1:1 and it still restarts on me with the same "Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 bfa063c3, parameter3 b9c702f4, parameter4 00000000." ...OK hear me out.....last time my hdd crash beyond repair...it mentioned my ram....now this time you guys are mentioning my ram...ANd i also received the same "warning blah blah ram frequency blah blah" message...i could be wrong here.....but ...is it my ram stick thats cuasing this problem ..and my last problem??? SOMeone PLEASE help me before i end up having to buy another new hdd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I RAN THE PRIME TEST AND THIS IS WHAT I FOUND...NOW WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!!?!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: (SORRY for double posting again..but the edit wouldnt let me attach an image)

Comment

uhm....does this help?!

Comment

No as that's a standard statement with Sandra.

Comment

wiggo do you think its my ram....is there enough evidence that its my ram so i can order a new one?

Comment

Working...
                                X