Memory stick rejected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory stick rejected

i got a dell 1.8 ghz PT84520A chipset...about 6 months ago i bought a 256mb stick of Nanya DDR ram @ 266mhz, pc2100.. everything ran smoothly up until 2 days ago when i got the message of windows missing some crucial drivers and not being able to start up the system...
    so i went online on my other comp and found out that this prob is attributed to ram. so i took out the Nanya stick and left the original 256mb in, and everything went fine. the next day, i stuck it in again and system ran fine for a coupla hours, then i got the blue screen..and finally took the stick out again. i tried switching slots and upgrading bios (unsuccessfully.. stupid dell) but nothin worked... is Nanya no good or is it just my system? theres a 512ddr stick of 'Azenram' on sale for cheap and id like to get it.. but is it a quality name brand? i really need your opinions on this.

Well i never heard of Nayna or Azernram, sound like House/Generic to me. See if your Nanya has a warranty, as most memory nowadays comes with lifetimes warrantis, you might be able to get it replaced, if not, I'd go crucial. They have some of the best memory at the best prices if you're not going to be overclocking. You could buy directly from their site www.crucial.com or look on newegg, heres a quick link to 512mb of crucial pc2100 http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...=BROWSE&depa=1

Comment

Working...
    X