Not sure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure

OK heres the problem. I have a BFG GeForce FX 5600 256mb video card, and I have had it for months and its never had a problem. Anyway for xmas i got a ASUS P4P800S and it would pick up my hard drives so I just sent it back and I wont get it back for another month so I am putting my old computer back together.

Specs:
    ECS Mainboard P4S5A/DX + MOBO
    Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz 533 FDB
    BFG GeForce FX 5600
    768mb PC133 SDRAM
    Maxtor ATA 10GB HDD
    Western Digital ATA 20GB HDD
    Samsung DVD Rom
    Samnsung 52x CDRW/DVD Rom combo
    Samsung Floppy

ANyway that was my old PC minus the CDRW burner that i got for xmas now its doing the same thing the Asus mobo did it wont pick up the HDD and it keep reloading back to the GEForce FX 5600 VGA Bios screen when u first boot PC. I dont know what to do I even bought a brand new Western Digital 80GB HDD still same thing. All jumpers are setup correcrtly. So now I am on a very old Hewlitt Packard with a 533 MHz processor :( . Someone please help also that motherbard only goes up to 1.8GHZ of the 2.4GHz I dont know why. Not sure if its the video card so I put it here in the forum. Please help this PC takes an hour to do anything. I would greatly appreciate it. If you need more info Ill get back to u ASAP.

-XST

Ya have the FSB set at 100MHz (400MHz QDR) instead of 133MHz (533MHz QDR).

Comment

Working...
    X