my cd-writer/dvd combo drive disappeared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my cd-writer/dvd combo drive disappeared

all of a sudden yesterday my cd-writer/dvd combo drive disappeared from from the my computer screen when i checked it on the device maneger it said that the driver was started but the hard ware is not deteced.. there is power to the drive i can eject and close but it does not work :(.

my spec are:
    Windows Xp professional Sp1
    P4C 3.0Ghz With 800Mhz FSB HT enabled
    2x256MB PC-3200 OCZ
    WD raptor 36Gb
    LG 32x10x40x16x CD-RW/DvD combo thing..
    50GB maxtor
    250GB Maxtor maxline plus
    Geforce 4 ti-4200
    and i am using a 480W power supply from thermaltake

plz some one help me. all help apreciated

(sorry for my bad spelling and am a bitsleepy so it is hard to type right):thumb:

did you try uninstalling the IDE channel that has the drive?
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : [email protected]
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Comment

how you do that???
      u mean physicaly?
      also it is the only drive on its channel..

Comment

go in device manager and uninstall the channel as shown in the pic and then restart.
        Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
        Last Updated:
        10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
        ======================
        jabber : [email protected]
        =======================
        Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
        yabaa dabaa doo...
        Customized for 1024x768

Comment

how do i know which device is on what channel? cause i have 1 sata hard drive and 2 ata drive si dunno which is on what channel..:(

okay i figured it out and i did that.
          when i rebooted it detected everything including the cd-drive but stillit say can not locate harware error code 41 :( this suks.. i want to play games.
          some one plz help me

Comment

This is Error 41:

A driver was loaded but Windows cannot find the device. This happens when Windows does not detect a non-Plug and Play device.

If the device was removed, uninstall the driver, install the device, and then click Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the driver. If the hardware was not removed, obtain a new or updated driver for the device.

If the device is a non-Plug and Play device, a newer version of the driver might be needed. To install non-Plug and Play devices, use the Add Hardware wizard. Click Performance and Maintenance on Control Panel, click System, and on the Hardware tab, click Add Hardware Wizard.

On the General Properties tab of the device, click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooting wizard.

I hope this will help.

Comment

sorry for not replying in a wwhile i had my mid year exams

just to give some further information this happend to me b4 and i had 2 reformat :(
              i did not uninstall or remove my drive..
              also my virtual cd drives dissapeared also :(
              i cant play any games but i dont wanna reformat plz some help me

Comment

did you check the physical connections to make sure something didn't come loose?

Comment

phsicaly it is fine the cable is new so that should not be a problem
                  also the bios detects it fine but as long as my c: drive is connected the cd drive wont work :(

Comment

So how exactly have you got your drives setup on your primary and secondary IDE channels? :?:

Comment

my cd drive is the master on the primary channel
                      my 2 hard drives are master and slave on the secondary channel and my C: drive is on SATA

Comment

i found out what was wrong finaly..
                        the registy was messed up and loaded the wrong driver:confused:
                        i used regsupreme cleaned it up and amzingliy aftera restart it work fine! thanks 4 all ur help any ways

Comment

Working...
                        X