PC shuts down and beeps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC shuts down and beeps

I built a pc about a year ago follow by nine months of flawless operating. Recently it will blink off and beep (long beeps) continuously until you power off or reset the system; or it will freeze. I have a tyan s2507 tiger 230 mobo, 1 ghz PIII 512 mb PC133 ram. I have played with replacing, removing, switching order of the ram but to no avail. If someone could help me it would be grealty appreciated. Thanks.

Evernt viewer log:

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: ipnathlp
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 30013
    Date: 2/1/2005
    Time: 12:15:53 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: J-DESKTOP
    Description:
    The DHCP allocator has disabled itself on IP address 192.168.2.123, since the IP address is outside the 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0 scope from which addresses are being allocated to DHCP clients. To enable the DHCP allocator on this IP address, please change the scope to include the IP address, or change the IP address to fall within the scope.
    For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

---------------------
    Event Source: ACPI
    Event ID: 5
    Time: 12:14:58 AM
    Description:
    AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to write to an illegal IO port address (0xcf8), which lies in the 0xcf8 - 0xcff protected address range. This could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.
    For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asphttp://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

--------------------------------
    Event Source: ipnathlp
    Event ID: 30013
    Time: 12:06:18 AM
    Description:
    The DHCP allocator has disabled itself on IP address 192.168.2.123, since the IP address is outside the 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0 scope from which addresses are being allocated to DHCP clients. To enable the DHCP allocator on this IP address, please change the scope to include the IP address, or change the IP address to fall within the scope.
    For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

-------------------------------------
    Event Source: ACPI
    Event ID: 4
    Time: 12:05:27 AM
    Description:
    AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to read from an illegal IO port address (0xcfc), which lies in the 0xcf8 - 0xcff protected address range. This could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.
    For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp

Re: PC shuts down and beeps

Get Memtest from my signature and test the memory with it. You're getting a continous POST beep, which generally indicates a memory problem. However, you may want to look at Tyan's web site or the board's manual to be sure what the POST beep indicates.

Comment

Tyan only refers the consumer to the Award Monitoring site to look up beep codes. I have looked into this and it does indicate memory failure. However, it doesn't seem to matter what memory is installed, the problem persists. I will try the Memtest a try and see what it says. Thank you.

Comment

I ran the memory test and it said there were no errors. Any other suggestions?

Comment

You should try reseting the CMOS. If that doesn't work, take everything off the motherboard except the processor and take the CMOS battery out. Wait a while, and hook everything up. If that doesn't work, either the memory isn't in properly or the board is likely somehow damaged.

Comment

Not sure about the 2nd error, but the 1st isnt about your memory.. your DHCP allocators scope isnt configged correctly try this :

Open the cmd prompt (start--run-- cmd)
            Then type the following : (each line has to be ended with an enter)

netsh
            routing
            ip
            autodhcp
            show (if show returns "not installed" then type : install ")
            set mode online
            set global 192.168.2.0 255.255.252.0 10000
            show global

-------------------------

This should return the following :

DHCP Allocator Configuration Information

----------------------------------------

Scope Network : 192.168.2.0 This address and mask
            Scope Mask : 255.255.252.0 reflects your network
            Lease Time (minutes) : 10000
            Logging Level : Verbose

you could add an ip adress exclusion by typing

add exclusion 192.168.2.16

this will have the DHCP allocator NOT give away ip 192.168.2.16, for example if you have any ip dependent services running on one of your boxes

This should at least solve your 1st error.
            Good luck
            Last edited by KLFHerry; 02-06-2005, 03:19 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
            X