Keyboard doesn't respond in XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyboard doesn't respond in XP

Ok. I got the DMI hangup fixed but now my keyboard doesn't work in XP. Everytime I boot the machine, I have to go into Device Manager, disable the keyboard, then enable it, and then it works fine. Any ideas?

Re: Keyboard doesn't respond in XP

I had this problem before and it was caused by a conflict with a USB disk reader (Sandisk to be exact), but this only happened on one of the motherboards I used. If you have something else USB plugged in, try unplugging it to see if this is causing the problem.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

I should've specified that the keyboard is ps/2 and not USB. Not sure if that matters. The only thing in the USB port is my mouse. Any other ideas? I emailed both Microsoft and Gigabyte and they're both trying to help me with this issue.

Comment

When I was having the problem, I too was using a PS2 keyboard with a USB mouse. You might also try moving the USB mouse to another port and see if this helps. You're running into a conflict somewhere and you will have to try to figure out where the problem lies.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Thanks for your help. You were correct, the mouse was causing the conflict. I found an old ps/2 mouse and hooked it up instead of the usb one and everything worked fine. Then I looked in the BIOS and there was an option for Legacy USB Mouse that was enabled. I disabled it and my usb mouse and ps/2 keyboard work great. No conflicts. Thanks again. My system is now running error and conflict free and I can finally start to enjoy the games that I bought for it.

Comment

Does the Gigabyte have nForce 4 chipset?

I am having the same problem. USB mouse, PS2 keyboard.
            Disable and Re-Enable before it works.

Anyy info you can provide would be very helpful.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X