LexBce and Printer Spooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LexBce and Printer Spooler

Ok, I officially hate Lexmark now more than I did before.

I had to restart LexBce Server to get the printer spooler to work, now how do I get the printer spooler service to run without LexBce Server activated?

I.E. My mother's new printer is HP, old printer was Lexmark, Lexmark = devil, how do I get rid of the Lexmark software?

Re: LexBce and Printer Spooler

I haven't tried any Lexmark printers, but with the ones that I have used, I simply go to the Add/Remove Programs and uninstall it from there. I don't know if Lexmark goes deeper than this, but this method has worked for me in the past with other brand devices.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Unfortunately, that's a negative. There's nothing left on the add/remove Programs List that has anything to do with Lexmark, I've done checked. I don't have this same problem on my own computer for the simple fact that I've had to wipe since I got rid of my old crappy Lexmark.

Even though there's nothing left to uninstall from Lexmark, the printer spooler service still depends on LexBce Server Service to function.

Comment

Anyone got any ideas for a total fix for this problem?

Comment

Here is a fix for a related problem regarding Lexmark LexBce.
          Perhaps this is not the perfect fix for your current issues however it may lead you in a direction that will get you closer to correcting the situation.

THIS FIX IS UNTRIED BY ME OR ANYONE I KNOW PERSONALLY. PLEASE PROCEED WITH ALL DUE CAUTION AND SUSPICION. BACK UP ACCORDINGLY PRIOR TO ATTEMPTING THIS OR ANY FIX.

LexBce Server
          Filename: LEXBCES.EXE
          Description: This is installed by Lexmark printers, and some Dell printers which are made by Lexmark, to configure the onboard network print server. Disabling this service will make it so that print spooler service will no longer startup, which effectively disables printing on your computer.
          This can be fixed by removing the LexBceS dependency. To remove the dependency you should use the following command and start the print spooler service:
          sc config spooler depend= RPCSS
          Note: Notice the space after depend= . This is necessary.
          File Location: %System%
          Startup Type: This startup entry is installed as a Windows NT, 2000, 2003, or XP service.
          Service Name: LexBceS
          Service Display Name: LexBce Server
          HijackThis Category: O23 Entry
          Note: %System% is a variable that refers to the Windows System folder. By default this is C:\Windows\System for Windows 95/98/ME, C:\Winnt\System32 for Windows NT/2000, or C:\Windows\System32 for Windows XP.
          ja1Dec 20 2005, 03:11 PM
          Go to Start, my computer right click and choose manage, services and applications, services. Scroll down and make sure you disable the lexbce server and the print spooler. Once your done click ok through it all. Click on the start button again then on run. copy this string, sc config spooler depend= RPCSS,
          then paste it. Click run. This will disable the lexbce problem and start your print spooler and everything should be ok.

NOTE FROM HOMESUPPORT: THIS FIX IS UNTRIED. THIS FIX IS NOT POSTED AS A CURE ALL FOR YOUR CURRENT SITUATION. THIS POST IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY. RESULTS OF RUNNING THIS FIX ARE UNKNOWN

Comment

Homesupport that worked perfectly :)
            I was having problems the other day and deleted LEXBCE from my system (Dell), only to find that I couldn't print after that. A Google search found your reply.

Comment

Working...
            X