DVD drive problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD drive problems

I'm having some wierd problems with my DVD drive because which time I put a CD on the drive my computer restarts automaticaly.
    This has begin to happen since I format my computer a while ago.

Re: DVD drive problems

scan your pc for any virus, spyware and adwares

Comment

I've tried several antivirus and anti-spywares but the problem continues.

Comment

Is the DVD drive properly recognized in "device manager"? Have you checked the cables? Is this problem only with CDs or is it with DVDs as well?
        Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

yes the DVD drive is properly recognised in the device manager and I think the cables are all right and this happens with both CDs and DVDs.

But I found a way of my drive to read the CDs, when I put the CD for the first time my pc restarts and the CD stays inside the drive so when the pc boot again I can read it. it looks like that the problem is open and closing the DVD drive.
          this method works when I'm using only a CD but if I try to install a game which has multiple CDs and I have to change them during the installation the pc will just restart.

Comment

Interesting.... . My best guesses are just that - guesses. I'd think that you've eliminated software issues since it does work (sort of) after a reboot. I'm wondering if the problem is with the DVD rom itself or if the added strain of opening/closing is causing a weak power supply unit to surpass its' limit.

You say you reformatted your PC before this problem started. Were there other issuses that caused you to have to reinstall? Have you looked online to see if there is a firmware update for your DVD rom?
            Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

I had the same issue and the only solution I could come up with was a fresh install of windows. Something is conflicting in either drivers and software and unless you can find it, a fresh install is the only way to fix it fast.
              GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
              AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
              Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
              Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
              Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
              PC P&C 500W PSU
              2TB Seagate
              Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

installing the windows all over again was the first solution that I came up with so I tried it, but it looks like that the method of let the CD inside the drive and boot again doesn't work with the windows installation CD.
                so, how can I install windows without the CD?
                I guess I have a big problem here.

Comment

Working...
                X