VIA IDE drivers missing. can't boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIA IDE drivers missing. can't boot

My VIA IDE drivers are missing from my HDD. I can't reboot. I get the BSOD and it gives a fatal error. I did a CHKDSK /F and it didn't find any problems. I know the VIA drivers are missing, because i accidently erased them by going into system/Device Manager and deleted them. I have two hard drives, and two computers. I was trying to use this other drive i have hooked to this computer on the other system. It's got the NVIDIA chipset, and this computer has VIA. There were some compatibility issues going on, where i'd get the BSOD on that computer when hooking up a drive with VIA drivers to it. So i was reading in a post somewhere to delete the VIA drivers and so i mistakingly deleted them from the wrong drive, without checking first.

If anyone knows a way to modify the VIA Hyperion 4-in-1 drivers so that they can be directed to my D: drive, then they would put the drivers back where they should be, and i should be able to boot with that drive again.

OR if anyone has any other suggestions, lemme know. thanx

Re: VIA IDE drivers missing. can't boot

Trying booting in Safe Mode and try and install them there - that might work.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

. hi i can't even go into safe mode. it gives me the Blue Screen of Death. I've tried everything, except for reinstalling w2k with the cdrom.

Comment

You have a different problem--it would load up and reload the drivers without an issue. Try booting in "Last Known Good Configuration" mode.

Comment

Working...
        X