Laptop getting hot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop getting hot?

Hi, I have a Compaq Presario v6000 laptop running XP with a gig of ram and live in a fairly dusty environment. It used to be a real speed demon but in the last couple of months I've notice it progressively slowing and the previously silent fan getting noisy and coming on more often. I can pull a desktop down with no problems to clean fans but have never attempted a laptop,especially such an expensive one so any suggestions/ideas would be much appreciated

Re: Laptop getting hot?

Blow compressed air throw the various intake and exhaust grills. You could also unscrew and remove any removable pieces and blow in their as well. Cleaning a laptop is no different than a desktop, just more difficult and time-consuming.

Comment

Laptop getting VERY hot?

My CPU heatsink on my makeshift system (which is, the damaged laptop) is easy to access. I unscrew some 5 screws (2 for the "door" and 3 for the heatsink, pull the 'sink off, use some vacuum and clean it out, and then put it back, dont forget the Compound. Vaccum Cleaner on the 'sink will work, but on a magazine, they say that blowing compressed air to the vent will force the dust deeper.

Comment

Re: Laptop getting hot?

thanks 4 your replies...looks a little scary under there....will let you know how I went if it runs after I've finished with it

Comment

Working...
        X