What would cause this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would cause this?

I woke up this morning and Windows Vista decided it didn't like my DVD burner anymore. I've tried 2 other burners and the same thing happened. I also tried the original on a Win XP system and it worked fine. What could be causing this? I did not install anything new or update anything on my machine since this has happened.

Update...... Nevermind I found a way to fix the problem with a simple registry deletion and a reboot:). I also found the cause....ITunes!!!!.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Spongebob; 03-27-2007, 05:20 PM.

Re: What would cause this?

its a lite-on - need I say more

upgrade the firmware on your lite-on drive
    http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Re: What would cause this?

Originally posted by Kheldar View Post
      its a lite-on - need I say more

upgrade the firmware on your lite-on drive
      I doubt that has anything to do with it since it did the same thing using my Pioneer and Plextor drive.
      ITunes is the culprit here.
      My wife installed the newest version of ITunes on that system and it seems to want to change the upper and lower filter lines in Vistas registry editor. A simple deletion of those two lines and a reboot took care of the problem. It seems now that whenever ITunes is started up it wants to do the same thing again, luckily ITunes is only used for uploading MP4 movies to her Ipod and nothing else around here, so just clicking close when the program wants to reinstall prevents it from happening even though the program still works for what she needs it for.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X