p5wdg pro
    8800 gtx oc
    1 dvd
    3 sata hd's
    2gb g.skill
    9700 zalman, aerocool turbine 120mm exhaust, couple more fans
    620watt aerocool PSU
    -------------------
    My computer runs fine under load, even after i pushed it listening to iTunes while running counter-strike source and World of warcraft all at the same time (just tabbing between progs after i die). but when i let it idle overnight, i usually wake up and find that it restarted while i was asleep...and i know nothing is running. Only thing i can think of is that im getting power sags, but this psu should run this setup fine i would think. my temps are beautiful. ideas? or is 620w not enough? what would be a good utility to run to check this out?

Re: 620watt PSU enough?

Last I remember hearing, 8800GTX video cards were recommending a 750-watt PSU due to the high demand for power.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Typically, instability at load is where PSU insufficiencies would show. "Asus Probe", which came with your MB, can monitor and keep record of voltages/temps and fan speeds. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Overclocking (like your GPU) requires ample PSU headroom.

Comment

Cheap 620W, no, not good enough. A good name brand (Silverstone, OCZ, Corsair, Zippy, Tagan, etc..) high quality 500W PSU is fine for a single GTX.
        GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
        AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
        Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
        Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
        Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
        PC P&C 500W PSU
        2TB Seagate
        Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

I havent woke up to a reboot since i posted this. I have NO idea whats going on. Tested to aerocool with the xoxide psu tester and everything was running perfect...wtf! i overclocked the cpu and ram...sitting at 3.2 ghtz right now, stress test, no errors, no reboot. I think ive got a magical psu. just needed a little break in maybe? who knows.

Comment

Working...
          X