Wierd behavior or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wierd behavior or not?

If you know anything about this please help me out. I am about done building my new machine. Well, anyway I started it up just to make sure everything was working like I have always done before I finish. I shut it down and when I went to restart it it would flash on and off and on and off and would not stop until I shut off power. It would continue to do this until I reset cmos. I tried again and it did it again. If you are familiar with this problem or if there even is a problem let me know. Thanks.
    Windows 7 Professional
    (2)-ASUS VS248H-P Black 24" Monitor
    CORSAIR Hydro Series H60 (CWCH60) Liquid CPU Cooler
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    Kingston Hyper X Blu 16GB
    Intel Xeon E3-1245 V2 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Server Processor
    High Current Pro HCP-750 750W TX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.92 SLI Certified CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS GOLD
    SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC256B/WW 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive
    3 -2TB Western Digital Black HDD
    Rosewill RDCR-11003 74-in-1 USB3.0 3.5 Internal Card Reader
    1 Asus Blu Ray Burner
    1 Plextor DVD Burner

Re: Wierd behavior or not?

first step - strip down the system until you have the minimum stuff installed

then try it again
    http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

It's either your video card came loose or it just died.
      My experience with video cards - don't reset or restart too often.
      I lost my 7600GT in that manner, trying to remove viruses and malware.
      In the end, I bought a cheapo 8500GT, reformatted my drive, and installed Vista.

When you do reinstall in XP, install everything then do a one-time restart.

Comment

btw - what flashes on and off? the lights at the front of the case or do you mean the whole thing turns on and off
        http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

no beep codes at all?

nvm - a really old thread.

Comment

Working...
          X