No announcement yet.

Faulty Processors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have got to learn how to read straight!..i always get this backwords.

Comment

Today i got it the EpoX!!!...good right..WRONG!

Now it does the same sh*t as mt kt333 did...turn on but not post...this must be my 2000+ acting up...what do you guys think...

To try it out i just placed my 4600, a stick of 512mb of mem, and my processor and HSF..thats it...everything runs but no post...
      - Damien

Comment

Did ya clear the CMOS 1st? :?:

Comment

Yes i did and nothing...
          - Damien

Comment

Have any of these parts been used with that damage setup from earlier? :?:

Comment

Yes, i placed my 2000+ inside his mobo which at the time i did not know but burnt up three other processors...
              - Damien

Comment

Soz but ya should have a Duron layin' around for doin' that **** with. :cry:

Comment

I don't have Jack...i guess i am gonna order a 1700+ for the kt333 board and maybe a Barton 2500+ for the nForce 2 board...whatcha think...?
                  - Damien

Comment

CHECK THE CMOS JUMPER TO MAKE SURE ITS NOT IN CLEAR MODE. iF ITS NOT, THEN TRY FLASHING THE MOBO.

Comment

i have an endless saga very similar to this that i am ready to give up on

I have been through 2 P3 processors, 5 motherboards, 3 video cards, 6 sticks of ram, and 4 power supplies in an attempt to solve the problem, last thing we tried was bought a mobo/cpu combo on ebay and the little part we had working is all gone now so i got a pile of stuff im not game to try in other machines for fear of killing them!!!!

all i can say is, it will look like the motherboard was the prob - then it'll be the cpu - then its somefin shorting like vidcard or psu and nuthin has fixed my probs. to be honets i know that all vidcards are fine (PCI/AGP), ram is fine and all PSUs are fine powering other systems

so imleft staring at 5 motherboards and 2 CPUs.. which i am probably going to turf for fear of killing anything else...

i'd be wondering if somefin like that is possible - mobo kills CPU, dead cpu then kills another mobo - could then the now dead mobo also kill another cpu!?! hence, 5 mobos and 2CPUs is a very expensive test range so i am not going to dare throw another "known working" part at it - just...is it possible!?

Comment

Right now i am pretty sure its the processor that is at fault. I placed a 1700+ from work and it up and running. I can't wait till i get my Barton from FedEx. Its gonna be sweet on an EpoX 8rda.:D
                        - Damien

Comment

u probably cracked the cores when u were taking then out. it may seem like a coincedence to crack two and screw 1 cpu, but that is the only thing i can think off. Also whats ur friend ganno do?
                          <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

Comment

I honestly don't think i cracked anything ...i am pretty experienced with installing and uninstalling Processors and don't think he cracked the other two either.

My buddy got his MSI Kt400 board (which i don't even look at when there is the nForce2 but w/e thats him) and returned the board at the local retailer and got another MSI KT400 and bought an 1800+ and he is up and running now. He paid for my burnt Palomino... and that helped me purchase the 2500+ i am soon recieving via FedEx.:cheers:
                            - Damien

Comment

lucky.
                              how much do u think u can get the barton up to. like maybe 2.3 GHz OC? ive also never heard of the actuall clock spped of it, u know what it is? they got the 2400+ up to like 2.5 GHz at some site. I dont think its clacked that high though cause the 3000+ is only like 2.167 :confused: :confused: :?: :?:
                              <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

Comment

Words of worning.

Dell ( as well as the other major ditzheads) have occasionally changed the wiring on the PSU to the 20 pin mobo connector; therefore, if you replace the psu with "an industry standard psu connector", you can fry cookies all the way down the pipeline.

Take care (and read first) when you are helping buddies with those pos comps. The wires are colour coded, compare first.

Better yet, tell your buddies to junk the old psu cuz it probably has been running too hot for too long in those small enclosed cases anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X