Destroy hotmail browser?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destroy hotmail browser?!

Does anyone know of anyway i can get rid of the hotmail browser which automatically implements itself when you click on a link in a hotmail email. I find it extremely annoying and find that sometimes the links don't work - even when you copy and paste them into expolerer :grr: Any help would be grand! cheers! ta ta

nah...as far as i know u can't do anything about it!
    i experience the same thing of links not oopening properly and it is a really wicked thing that comes with hotmail. there is a work around to it though.
    rather than clicking on a link, right click on it and then chose copy shortcut. now open a new window of IE and paste it in address bar.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : [email protected]
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Comment

You could also go into IE properties and add them to ya trusted sites under the security tab.

Comment

:grr: Microsoft are even eviler if you do what you said an copy the link it copys the link with the hotmail browers init! However you gave me an idea and instead of selecting "copy shortcut" i selected the link and just pressed copy and shoved it in the IE and it works a dream cheers for the inspiration asklepios :p

ta ta

Comment

hey that copy shortcut works exactly the same as highlighting the link and then pressing copy.
          did you try it cos it works for me and is faster too. :?:

[EDIT] i take that back. it doesn't work. i checked it again and it sucks the same way.
          you gotta copy the whole link and then paste it.
          btw wiggo, i added hotmail to my trusted site and the problem is still there. i think they just want to track where the user is clicking.
          Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
          Last Updated:
          10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
          ======================
          jabber : [email protected]
          =======================
          Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
          yabaa dabaa doo...
          Customized for 1024x768

Comment

:D Cheers for the research guys. It really does suck how they can do that - but i suppose we use their e-mail service so they can do what they want - maybe i should get a new one or maybe not

ta ta

Comment

Working...
            X