Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is daisy chaining?

same question as the topic

Daisy chaining is like the old parallel port printer and scanner where the scanner plugged into the port and then the printer connected to the scanner. USB and SCSI also can make use of this method.

Comment

SATA (or at least SATA2) does/will, although current drives don't have ports for daisy chaining.

Comment

Yep... it just means rigging multiple devices up on a single pathway. And if you are referring to the review on the Xaser case, it is talking about hooking up multiple fans to a single power source to form a "chain".
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

yeah im talking about the Xaser case review, how could i daisy chain my fans?

Comment

By usin' pass thru molex connectors. :cheers:

Comment

uh could you explain a little more or give me a link (there is so much to learn and so little time to learn it)

Comment

Here's a pic of both ends of the one I just happen to have handy as I don't have a handy link atm.

Comment

is it possible to use that (daisy chain 2 fans) and still get their individual RPM? what would i need? oh for daisy chaning so rheobus->fan A->pass thru molex connectors->fan B ??? is that correct?

Comment

Gee ya lucky that I have a digicam handy plus the parts to make these so here's a pic of what ya may need. :D

Comment

that helps a bit but.. IM STILL CONFUSED!!! and wiggo thanks for being so helpful almost anywhere else and I would be banned b/c "you ask to many questions"

Comment

Hey I don't mind questions (so long as they ain't stupid ones) and I'll use that part sometime soon anyway.

Comment

i mean, can you explain what plugs into waht?

Comment

Just take note that there is a male end and a female end. Think of anatomy and the rest of the story should fall into place. From there, just hook up one end to a power supply and you're finished.
                            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                            My Toys

Comment

i see that but then there is the big molex...that is what is throwing me
                              **edit**
                              your asking a 14 year old about the *birds and the bees* thats smart

Comment

Working...
                              X